TERMINATOR 2 Uncle Bob costume build

The Terminator

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
UPDATE:
So I'm building Arnold Schwarzenegger's terminator costume as seen in James Cameron's TERMINATOR 2 JUDGMENT DAY

revealposter.jpg
CLICK FOR FULLSIZE

Feel free to guess what it is for now. If no one gets it right by next weekend or so I'll reveal it in detail.
After that I will continue posting updates and what-not.

First clue:
Mystery.jpg

:p

Last edited:
Re: 1st proper costume - Mystery Build

Looks like the first image is the sight bracket for the M79 launcher. The second is the front (buisness end) of the 1887 lever action shotgun, while the last is the front handle piece for the M79 without the sling bracket.

Can't wait to see the reveal!

You suck :p you are indeed right, on all three accounts ;) :thumbsup very well done ;)

Plastic and wooden marushin Winchester 1887 stock:
mpart4.jpg
The metal 1887 airsoft I bought from a great dude on this board came with plastic stock which look like crap to be honest. Found and bought wooden stock and this is what they look like when compared.
mpart5.jpg

Here is one more.
pipe2.jpg

Didn't like the fact that the wooden stocks for the 1887 were way too dark. So I tried to bleach it using Liberon's Wood Bleach. DOES NO WORK at all. So I have sanded and sanded some more, I eventually got down to the actual wood. It was way too bright so I bought some wood stain. Didn't turn out as brown as I wanted to I bought another one which is very red. That helped a lot and it looks pretty darn good now. :) I will post comparison photos later.

Awesome. Can't wait to see it. I've got a Marushin 1887 lined up I just haven't bought it yet. It's the plastic stock model which is cool with me, the shade of the stock/handle are more accurate in color and it's a great price.

What brand is your M79?

What brand is your M79?

Was going to go with the newer AABB's(came out in 2014) M79. But apparently they are completely worthless, quality wise. So I went with Western Arms, full metal and wood version. Now busy beating it up and doing some general aging. Out of the box it really does look like a (heavy) toy :p

Here's the comparison of 1887's plastic/wood stock:
compari1887.jpg
From top, original Plastic,
Original wood
Sanded wood
and then finally stained wood

I got the AABB myself and I'm not a bit disappointed. Nice wooden stock and aluminum and metal components which make it quite a heavy weapon also. It's pretty solid in my book.

Tracked down a sling for it yet?

I got the AABB myself and I'm not a bit disappointed. Nice wooden stock and aluminum and metal components which make it quite a heavy weapon also. It's pretty solid in my book.

Tracked down a sling for it yet?

Weird. First place I tried buying it from refused to mail it to Sweden(even though they mail other guns here), 2nd one warned me of the quality. 2nd one had no problem mailing it to Sweden.

Already have a screen accurate sling :D Just need to...... find it :lol

Awesome news. I just finished a three month search for a screen accurate buckle for the jacket's belt. Now sorting through the details on getting an upgraded belt and two minor modifications to my jacket.

Pic of my first pass of aging my M79, including the front handle which I wood stained. Metal parts have gone from black to a more greyish hue. The corners have also been distressed.
HappyM79.jpg
Arnie seems pretty happy about it :p

I've been trying to find an 1887 for a costume of my own. Just found out about the airsoft version(wasn't apparently available when I first started). You gave me a few ideas on the quality.
One question: How much does the airsoft weigh? I've got one of the real deal '87(12 gauge with the full stock) that weighs about 12 lbs. Hoping the airsoft is a little lighter. There is a company making a live fire version of the T2 1887 but its 1200.00.

It looks good. Cant wait to see how it turns out when you're done.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

I've been trying to find an 1887 for a costume of my own. Just found out about the airsoft version(wasn't apparently available when I first started). You gave me a few ideas on the quality.
One question: How much does the airsoft weigh? I've got one of the real deal '87(12 gauge with the full stock) that weighs about 12 lbs. Hoping the airsoft is a little lighter. There is a company making a live fire version of the T2 1887 but its 1200.00.

It looks good. Cant wait to see how it turns out when you're done.

Hi and thanks :)
Well the metal/wood marushin version I have currently weighs 1.83 KG and my WA's M79 weighs 2.01 KG, so way less than the real deal. I have seen that real-deal T2 version they are making, it's not all that accurate really.

Yeah, I forgot the lower part of the trigger guard was removed. Would probably work for Supernatural. I will admit I'd like to have it, but not at that price.
I picked up the model 1887 (a chinese copy) for $350 bucks at a gun show. The thing is a monster in both size and to shoot. And this is a full size version. Couldnt imagine shooting the T2 style.(first time shot it I got twisted sideways).
BTW, are there any other models available that are cheaper you found(even resin?). $300 bucks is still a little high. May still have to buck up and buy one.

My engineer boots: boot.jpg
I had to settle with Xelement's engineer boots simply because my feet are just too damn big. Harley Davidson only makes theirs up to size 12. My feet just barely fit into these size 14 boots :(

Here's a very high-resolution photo of my marushin 1887 airsoft in it's current condition.
w1887.jpg
3810 x 1170

Holy carp! If I knew it had the potential to look that good I might have kept it! It looks great!

Holy carp! If I knew it had the potential to look that good I might have kept it! It looks great!

:lol yeah, it's getting there :) it was a real diamond in the rough. And I have no intention of selling it :p
After I found Stan Winston School tutorials and a few on youtube I was convinced you can make pretty much anything look good. Usually all it takes is some aging/distressing.

Looks great man! Might have to commission you to work on mine. ;)

Sure! As long as you don't mind coughing up a small fortune for shipping and such :lol and the fact that I don't know what I'm doing :p
I make it up as I go, that and a crap load of tutorials :D THANK YOU INTERNET!

Another day, another gun ;)
1911.jpg

I have also updated the first post with a "reveal poster" if you like.
If I can get the make up to look good I will most likely also be doing this:
makeup.jpg
Finally to show off my original vintage Persol black sunglasses, the very same type Arnie wore in T2.
glasses.jpg

GrenadeConnor.jpg
My airsoft M79 next to a half-fake/half-real 40mm grenade. Bottom part is an actual grenade shell in metal. The rest is painted wood and resin.
Next to it is Kurtyboy's amazing Sarah Connor photo replica :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back