TERMINATOR 2 Uncle Bob costume build

i want your clothes,boots and your meerkats........i mean motorcycle

2737C44900000578-3022867-image-a-64_1427969159920.jpg

Finally another update important enough to warrant a post: the most important piece!

jacketpantsm.jpg

Pants and jacket from the same maker that produced the ones seen on screen. Also the screen accurate belt.
I haven't distressed these at all, yet. After I am done the jacket should look a little more like this:
distressedjack.jpg

It's a strange feeling riding a Harley wearing this jacket :cool

Jacket, Pants and Belt look fantastic man. Love that it's got the entire accurate belt loop straps on the back to keep it from slipping. That's a modification I've still not gotten around to doing on my jacket.

Jacket, Pants and Belt look fantastic man. Love that it's got the entire accurate belt loop straps on the back to keep it from slipping. That's a modification I've still not gotten around to doing on my jacket.

They do look fantastic :) and I'm really surprised how similar it is to the screen used jacket since my body proportions are very different from Arnie's.
I'll need to have a couple of inner pockets added.

Have done some weathering to the jacket and more textured. Apparently not enough to really stick out when photographed :unsure been trying to dull down the finish.
Slightweather.jpg

and have done a first make-up test for my finger. No chrome finish on the finger tip yet though.
WARNING: FAKE BLOOD
TermMakeUp1.jpg
I should make a note that I have ZERO experience with make-up fx. Lucky for amateurs there are plenty of useful and fun videos on youtube.

Re: 1st proper costume - Mystery Build

yeah - I'm grave digging / necro-posting here...

But I may need to try the sanding and re-staining avenue with mine! Looks great!

Was going to go with the newer AABB's(came out in 2014) M79. But apparently they are completely worthless, quality wise. So I went with Western Arms, full metal and wood version. Now busy beating it up and doing some general aging. Out of the box it really does look like a (heavy) toy :p

Here's the comparison of 1887's plastic/wood stock:
View attachment 302014
From top, original Plastic,
Original wood
Sanded wood
and then finally stained wood

yeah - I'm grave digging / necro-posting here...

But I may need to try the sanding and re-staining avenue with mine! Looks great!

No problemo ;)

Winchester 1887? Make sure you post some before and after shots :) and thanks
Kind of off topic the wood stain also works well with leather :lol

I have the airsoft, with wood stocks. But looks too new...

They tend to do that :p

I'm sure you already did it but I will suggest it anyway, use google images and look at real guns, old ones how they look and try and mimic that :)
Like these for example of an old 1887 shotgun:
fTitipF.jpg

Mt1M0Us.jpg

5gSnKgW.jpg

Suppose they're still available today?

The airsoft? Maybe somewhere, but not where I got it from: WGC shop. Quite expensive though. $250+ I have seen it costing $400+ :wacko
The resin one should still be available, got it from Matsuo, if you're okay with waiting, and waiting, I can recommend him. He might not be the easiest person to deal with, but he hasn't ripped people off that I am aware of at least.

Your build and progress on this is inspiring, man. Last month, I had the opportunity to handle and purchase a real Winchester Model 1887 at our bi-annual gun & knife expo. They truly are a thing of beauty and what you have done with your replica is definitely right on par with the real deal. Excellent work. I will be looking forward to more updates on this one. :)

Your build and progress on this is inspiring, man. Last month, I had the opportunity to handle and purchase a real Winchester Model 1887 at our bi-annual gun & knife expo. They truly are a thing of beauty and what you have done with your replica is definitely right on par with the real deal. Excellent work. I will be looking forward to more updates on this one. :)

Thank you Tom :D

Very nice. Would be awesome to see some photos of that beauty ;) ;) is it the sawed off version?
I did just note this threads could use more photos of, well everything I suppose :p

I have updated the weathering and done some more work on the shotty.
I am working hard right now on my future driver's license(expensive as hell), so I can actually start utilizing my fatboy! And get some proper photos of it. Not to mention installing the screen accurate mufflers etc.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back