Han Solo Blaster Cells by Solo's Hold

SolosHold

Hey guys, Some of you don't know me, I usually hang out on the IRA and dabble in lightsabers. I recently began to assemble my HS ANH costume. Along the way I could not find his tools, the results.
So from necessity I made them. Here you go. ( I know that the electrodes depart from what is Canon, or held to be Canon but it makes no difference to me)

IMG_4263.jpgIMG_4263.jpg
20140321_201537.jpg

Last edited:
I'll bet a fair bit of people would be interested in these. Should/could we start an interest thread?

Last edited:
From Solo's Hold directly on IRA:

"As much as I would like to make them cheaper, I ordered the material to do 40 sets today. They are made from .5 " Aircraft Aluminum Plate, and have a ton of different operations to get them to the finished product, weathering, ETC, ETC. The cost will be $85 for a set and $5- $10 shipping CONUS, and quoted international. So these are now officially gonna be offered for sale. I will be doing these over the next several weeks. I will of course keep a build log like usual. These are fan sculpts, and the only all metal versions I have ever seen, that is why I decided to make them..

They are a lot of work and I have relegated myself to the fact that I would be doing them for a very modest wage after all the material and my misc costs are accounted for"

*******UPDATE******* Just heard from him that he's gonna drop the price substantially due to and increase in the size of the run. Sorry for the confusion. They are gonna be the best of the breed IMO .

Last edited:
all the material is in and I will be updating with pictures, I went ahead and jumped in feet first. they won't be that expensive, just a little more than the Resin ones I see on ebay that aren't even finished. actually the price Daddy Quoted was wrong and was from a smaller run I was gonna do. that has been amended since I added more sets of cells to lower the cost across the board.

Last edited:
all the material is in and I will be updating with pictures, I went ahead and jumped in feet first. they won't be that expensive, just a little more than the Resin ones I see on ebay that aren't even finished. actually the price Daddy Quoted was wrong and was from a smaller run I was gonna do. that has been amended since I added more sets of cells to lower the cost across the board.

Keep Us updated on the price, You can count me in for a set!

Regards,

Alberto

I have to say, these props look and feel like the real deal. There's nothing like the weight of the aluminum in your hand, the real brass accents, AND they fit nice and snug in my Todd's rig (those are mine in pics above). For all those interested in the all metal ANH DL-44 parts run currently going on (or anyone else for that matter), I consider these a must for anyone wanting to complete the whole package. My 2¢

Still interested in the boxes.

btw: I also need a cylinder. I'm not looking for anything perfect but if anyone has a used 8 gram cylinder from something, please let me know. I really don't want to buy a box of ten just to get one.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back