Landstalker Props' Arrow season 1 bow build (Pic Heavy)

LandstalkerProp

Hi Guys.
Landstalker Props here. I recently finished a build of the bow from season 1 of Arrow.
It was a commission for a costume and it is built from scratch. I carved the riser/handle from a block of 2x4 rather than buying one then cut all of the runes in before staining and varnishing it.
The limbs are made from ABS plastic, heated and bent so that there is very little tension on the string making it safe for cosplaying. The string is hand wound from black thread.
All of the brass hardware parts are from a sailing hardware store. They are strapped on with artificial sinew, plus the leatherette handle. The bow comes apart just like a modern takedown recurve bow would by unscrewing the nuts and pulling the limbs off.

I'd like to give a credit to pinder91 as his build thread was extremely helpful and I don't think I could have built it so quickly without it.
IMG_4857.JPG
IMG_4859.JPG
IMG_4870.JPG
IMG_4872.JPG
IMG_4873.JPG
IMG_4877.JPG
IMG_4868.JPG
IMG_4860.JPG
MWNTG.jpg
IMG_4894.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Dude. I will edit the write up to give credit to you.

HAHA No worries. I haven't even really built anything yet (other than the mask), just collecting pieces and sharing information I gather.

I'm happy to see so many people here putting this bow together. They're all turning out wonderfully. Stephen Amell has even made positive comments on at least one of them.

You mentioned this was commissioned... are you going to make one for yourself?

Great looking bow. I am about to start this project myself and was thinking about taking this approach. Can you tell me how long the wood part of the bow is and the length of the limbs?

Hi, sorry I didn't see that you posted this.

I won't be making one for myself, no. Too many other things to make for other people :eek:D

- - - Updated - - -

Great looking bow. I am about to start this project myself and was thinking about taking this approach. Can you tell me how long the wood part of the bow is and the length of the limbs?

Thanks. I made the riser 17 inches and the limbs 15 inches.
This is quite a small bow for me (6 foot) but it seems to be in keeping with the one in the show.

Thanks. I made the riser 17 inches and the limbs 15 inches.
This is quite a small bow for me (6 foot) but it seems to be in keeping with the one in the show.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back