Captain America ebay stealth suit?

BoogieBear

So has anyone purchased one of the "made in China" Cap stealth suits? Right now on the bay there look to be 3 different sellers all using the same stock photos. It looks like with some alterations, in particular a darker shade of blue as the main color, this could be a workable base suit. The problem however, as I see it, is that what you get from these random Chinese costume shops is never as good as the stock photos. And especially since they are all using the same damn pics!
I will personally probably hold off at this point to see if Hello Cosplay or another decent site makes a WS suit. But for anyone that got one off eBay, which seller, how's the material/fit, etc?

This is the first I've seen of this seller's costume, and I don't know anyone that has purchased this yet. My initial opinion is that this probably isn't worth it. Yes it would work as a base suit, but even then it would require lots of mods and additional work. I guess it just depends what your looking for.

This is the first I've seen of this seller's costume, and I don't know anyone that has purchased this yet. My initial opinion is that this probably isn't worth it. Yes it would work as a base suit, but even then it would require lots of mods and additional work. I guess it just depends what your looking for.

That's kind of my inclination as well. I don't have a problem spending that much on a base suit, but I'd want to know EXACTLY what I'd be getting. That's why I put this thread out there to see if anyone on here had bit on the ebay suits. They've definitely sold a bunch, and the one listing had a boat load of watchers, so someone has bought one...

If you go to procosplay.com - you can buy a base suit without the stripes, mask or stars and it's says it's a darker blue for $140. So tempted...

I have been talking to them recently about this suit , I'm the one who asked for the custom order as I am planning on getting some of the other suit parts from here.

I've ordered my suit and will update with pictures when I get it at the end of the month. Obviously the suit isn't perfect but it is a good base . I plan on altering it and adding details the suit needs.

I have been talking to them recently about this suit , I'm the one who asked for the custom order as I am planning on getting some of the other suit parts from here.

I've ordered my suit and will update with pictures when I get it at the end of the month. Obviously the suit isn't perfect but it is a good base . I plan on altering it and adding details the suit needs.

If you don't mind me asking, how are you communicating with them? I've been trying to access the procosplay website and it looks like its down.

Aeric

That's what I thought as well. And the turnaround is 4 weeks I'm assuming? I'm pretty interested in this myself, and having a good base suit would be ideal.

Looking forward to your results! If it indeed a good base costume, right color and without all the stuff we'll trash anyway...good possibilities here!

So, I noticed tonight that procosplay.com has modified their pics of the Cap WS suit to a much darker blue. Other than the fact that the model weighs about 75 lbs and looks thoroughly unenthused, it looks a lot better. Unfortunately though, they no longer have the $140 no star/stripes/helmet option listed. I shot them an email but I'm thinking it's going to be a crapshoot as far as getting a response back.
Anyone else hear anything from these guys?

I got an email back from them this morning for just the blue suit - no silver stuff and none of their brown accessories. I was quoted $125 + $30 shipping. Do you guys think the straps and gloves and boot covers are worth $25 or would I be better off just skipping that stuff too?

I got an email back from them this morning for just the blue suit - no silver stuff and none of their brown accessories. I was quoted $125 + $30 shipping. Do you guys think the straps and gloves and boot covers are worth $25 or would I be better off just skipping that stuff too?

They got back to me this morning as well. I was quoted 150 for basically the same thing as you but WITH the brown parts. I'm thinking it's worth the extra 20-30 bucks because if nothing else I'll use the pieces they send as a template/pattern when I get around to cutting mine out of actual leather. The thing that really concerns me is the sizing. By their standards I'm an XXL or even XXXL and I want to make sure it's big enough that I can add padding or motorcycle armor to select places to "beef" it up.

They got back to me this morning as well. I was quoted 150 for basically the same thing as you but WITH the brown parts. I'm thinking it's worth the extra 20-30 bucks because if nothing else I'll use the pieces they send as a template/pattern when I get around to cutting mine out of actual leather. The thing that really concerns me is the sizing. By their standards I'm an XXL or even XXXL and I want to make sure it's big enough that I can add padding or motorcycle armor to select places to "beef" it up.

I think they said for like $6 they will use your custom measurements... I think that's what I'm gonna do.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back