Captain America ebay stealth suit?

OK, so update on my procosplay suit...The replacement jacket arrived today and it fits nicely. I had to get my 3yr old daughter to zip up the back for me but otherwise no problems. Per request they also put in a more durable, heavy duty zipper, which is great. I have to say, despite the language barrier, I have to give their communication and customer service an A+. They were super eager to please and notified me of every step along the way. So, all in all the suit is not bad. Kind of hot with everything on (no surprise) and the waist on the pants is still tight, but that is more of a faction of my need to drop 20 lbs versus any tailoring error:). The boot covers MAY be usable, the jury is out (It's more likely I'll use the dark brown double buckle boots I put together for my TFA outfit). But the "leather" and associated metal bits will all have to be replaced. However, as I said before, I was just going to use them as a template to cut real leather pieces anyway.
Soooooo, I know, I know...pictures?
I still don't have my camera back but I may try to post some quick pics from my crappy camera phone a little later.

Maxx, has your suit arrived yet? I think a bunch of us are eagerly awaiting the results!

Nope, it takes about 7-15 days for them to make it. Then shipping. I am hoping to see it in another week. I will post pics as soon as it gets here.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Dunno if this will work or not...
060414194703.jpg
060414194355.jpg
060414185449.jpg
060414185526.jpg
Edit: Didn't work quite as planned but better than nothing I guess. And again excuse the crappy camera phone quality...

Attachments

• 060414194555.jpg
    060414194555.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 306
SUPER SORRY if I stole this persons photo, or if they're even on the RPF. But I was searching around websites and I found this photo from AWESOMECON in Washington and it looks to be the stealth suit. Just a little upgraded!
captain-america-winter-soldier-cosplay-awesome-con.jpg

Hey boogie
if you can put some photos up will you include some of the boot top you mentioned.
the ones from your TFA suit?
Thanks

060814115811.jpg
Almost forgot to post this for you. They are a med/dark brown but they look a lot darker in this picture. They are Corcoran reproduction ww2 jump boots stripped of all paint down to raw leather (w/ acetone). The buckles are cut off another pair of cheap ww2 knock-off boots. Glued and then sewed the top piece on with an awl, dyed em, oiled em, and sealed em with sno-seal. I actually used them as my snow shoveling boots this past winter. The dubbing has made them completely waterproof.

Last edited:
So i finally got my cosplaysky costume in. It looks amazing. The quality is outstanding. The star is made from metal, and so is the back peice on the harness.

Not to crazy about the gloves, or the belt but they can be fixed up.

My only gripe is that it does not messure exactly as they say. The waist on the pants is elastic, and is much bigger than advertised. Nothing a little tailoring can't fix. But the Jacket is made too wide around the mid section, and came to short and sits just above my waist line. I will take pics when i get home.

So i finally got my cosplaysky costume in. It looks amazing. The quality is outstanding. The star is made from metal, and so is the back peice on the harness.

Not to crazy about the gloves, or the belt but they can be fixed up.

My only gripe is that it does not messure exactly as they say. The waist on the pants is elastic, and is much bigger than advertised. Nothing a little tailoring can't fix. But the Jacket is made too wide around the mid section, and came to short and sits just above my waist line. I will take pics when i get home.

Can you post some pics? I'm tempted to get this costume!

So a good friend of mine ordered the cosplaysky outfit shortly after I got my procosplay one. It came in last week and I got a chance to stop by over the weekend and check it out in person (unfortunately I didn't think to take pics). The suit looks pretty darn awesome. The craftsmanship is excellent. The panels and knee pads are actually padded as they should be and the back buckle and star are solid metal. The only flaws I saw were 1)the color was too dark, more towards an indigo or midnight blue, 2)the material most of the suit is made of is like raincoat material (vinyl I would guess), the problem with this being it's too shiny but I'm sure some acetone would dull it down, and 3)as mentioned the" leather" bits need some help. And as far as sizing, my friend said it ran big (surprising) .
Moral of the story, I'm gonna order one. If anyone is interested in the procosplay one I have pictured above I'll sell it to another member on here CHEAP. I'll even throw in the brandomack star I have, so it just needs stripes. Pm to discuss price and sizing.

Awesome, would def like to see in-hand pics of the cosplaysky suit. I'm still hoping someone comes out with a terrific AoU Cap suit and these guys may be my only option. The shiny material is definitely cause for concern.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back