Captain America ebay stealth suit?

Curious to see their quality and custom sizing, and how much additional work is needed to make it look legit. I presume they'll also build the AoU Cap suit eventually so I'd like to get an early read on their craftsmanship for that.

Nobody here's bought their Avengers Cap suit?

Last edited:
I have been talking to them recently about this suit , I'm the one who asked for the custom order as I am planning on getting some of the other suit parts from here.

I've ordered my suit and will update with pictures when I get it at the end of the month. Obviously the suit isn't perfect but it is a good base . I plan on altering it and adding details the suit needs.

Any updates on your order? I'm very curious to see how it looks as I'm super tempted to get one for myself.

Yeah, still waiting , they had an issue and sewed the silver on. I told em to just send it , I'm waiting on a shipping confirmation ATM. Hopefully in two weeks I'll have some updates

This is interesting. While I'd like a stealth suit, are their sources yet for the stripes, patches, buckles, boots and gloves?

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

This is interesting. While I'd like a stealth suit, are their sources yet for the stripes, patches, buckles, boots and gloves?

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

Yes. Do a little searching around here and you'll find the star, stripes, S.H.I.E.L.D patch, and buckles. Boots and gloves shouldn't be too tough to get close enough..

- Sent from my crappy phone

I am definitely eagerly awaiting some news. I wanted to get something like this ready for PAX Prime in August.

What was the issue with the sewed on Silver?

they left the silver stripes sewed on, or accidentally sewed them on….im just gonna end up taking them off as I have a rubber set in the mail here soon

Any updates?

Nothing from me yet. I went ahead and ordered the "no stripe" version about 2-3 weeks ago and they emailed me on Friday to tell me that it had shipped and should arrive in 5-7 days. Of course the tracking number they provided didn't work on any site I tried, which was somewhat disconcerting. But I have faith it will arrive shortly. In the meantime though, if anyone else has one in hand, let's get some pics!

OK, so I got my suit today. The bad news is that I can't post any pics at the moment because I left my camera at my brother's house over the weekend for my niece's bday party. So, I will give my initial impressions/pros + cons.
1)The overall craftsmanship and sewing are pretty solid. The suit pretty accurately resembles the one you see in the pics. Except for the color. That could use some work. It's not really navy, it's more of a dark blue/grey imo. The material is definitely synthetic, which is unfortunate because it severely limits options for re-dyeing. The inside is pretty much the same material as a dress jacket (albeit a cheaper one). But overall, as far as craftsmanship and appearance, I'm pretty happy. I may try to re-dye it more of a blue tint but that depends on the resolution of my major issue with the costume...
2)Sizing=pretty poor. I went with custom sizing for an extra $6, and I gave my measurements generously, ie. I definitely rounded up or even added and inch or two in some cases. I did this for two reasons, 1)I was fearful that when it arrived the suit would be too small (fear realized:(), and 2)because ideally I wanted some extra space, particularly in the jacket, to add some padding or motorcycle armor to "beef" it up and give it that massive shoulder look from the film. The pants are a bit small, but I can still squeeze into them. The jacket on the other hand is too small in the chest and WAY too short. I'm 6' even, 200 lbs, medium build with a wee bit of a "I'm now 40 belly" and this sucker looks like a half shirt from the 80s. OK, not that bad, but not good. The sleeves are a good length, even if a little tight. But the chest barely comes down to my belly button. Disappointing. I sent them an email earlier so hopefully they will offer some kind of a fix. Fingers crossed...

I was looking at this one as a base but still not sure it's worth it as the belt is crap and there is no back harness.

The Avengers New Captain America Costume Set Jacket Pants Custom Made | eBay

$T2eC16VHJFwFFZudUM3GBSHcdnrtSw~~60_12.JPG

Sorry Just starting out and don't know the difference in suits yet. I only have the shield so far that still needs to be painted so I and researching threads here. I know the WS is more blue than the Avengers one. My shield is heavy and I want to have some sort of back harness even if it is not screen accurate.

There's no back harness because there wasn't a back harness used in The Avengers.... BoogieBear is taking about the blue suit used in The Winter Soldier, the S.T.R.I.K.E. suit.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sorry Just starting out and don't know the difference in suits yet. I only have the shield so far that still needs to be painted so I and researching threads here. I know the WS is more blue than the Avengers one. My shield is heavy and I want to have some sort of back harness even if it is not screen accurate.

Well, here you go (so you can see the differences):

Cap's USO Uniform:
captain_america_uso.jpg

Cap's The First Avenger Uniform:
CaptainAmerica5-TFA.jpg

Cap's The Avengers Uniform:
CaptainAmerica3b-Avengers.jpg

Cap's The Winter Soldier S.H.I.E.L.D. S.T.R.I.K.E. Team Uniform:
p4hr.jpg

Cap's The Winter Soldier Smithsonian Exhibit Uniform:
CaptainAmerica-Goldenage-outfit-TWS.png

Cap's Avengers: Age of Ultron Uniform:
2glf.png

Last edited:
Awesome thanks! Definitely not the USO uniform. I like the First Avenger one but I know the WWII style stuff will be harder to find.

OK, so I got my suit today. The bad news is that I can't post any pics at the moment because I left my camera at my brother's house over the weekend for my niece's bday party. So, I will give my initial impressions/pros + cons.
1)The overall craftsmanship and sewing are pretty solid. The suit pretty accurately resembles the one you see in the pics. Except for the color. That could use some work. It's not really navy, it's more of a dark blue/grey imo. The material is definitely synthetic, which is unfortunate because it severely limits options for re-dyeing. The inside is pretty much the same material as a dress jacket (albeit a cheaper one). But overall, as far as craftsmanship and appearance, I'm pretty happy. I may try to re-dye it more of a blue tint but that depends on the resolution of my major issue with the costume...
2)Sizing=pretty poor. I went with custom sizing for an extra $6, and I gave my measurements generously, ie. I definitely rounded up or even added and inch or two in some cases. I did this for two reasons, 1)I was fearful that when it arrived the suit would be too small (fear realized:(), and 2)because ideally I wanted some extra space, particularly in the jacket, to add some padding or motorcycle armor to "beef" it up and give it that massive shoulder look from the film. The pants are a bit small, but I can still squeeze into them. The jacket on the other hand is too small in the chest and WAY too short. I'm 6' even, 200 lbs, medium build with a wee bit of a "I'm now 40 belly" and this sucker looks like a half shirt from the 80s. OK, not that bad, but not good. The sleeves are a good length, even if a little tight. But the chest barely comes down to my belly button. Disappointing. I sent them an email earlier so hopefully they will offer some kind of a fix. Fingers crossed...

Damn, really? This makes me a little hesitant to purchase this. I mean, I'm only 5'5", but I don't want this thing to look like a "half shirt from the 80s". What measurements did you give them, if you don't mind me asking (like chest, shoulders, ect.)?

Aeric

Damn, really? This makes me a little hesitant to purchase this. I mean, I'm only 5'5", but I don't want this thing to look like a "half shirt from the 80s". What measurements did you give them, if you don't mind me asking (like chest, shoulders, ect.)?

Aeric
I gave them measurements for my neck, chest, sleeve length, waist, basically everything they list on their site. As far as the exact numbers I don't have them handy but by their size chart I probably would have been an XXXL. I usually wear an XL. The good news is that they just emailed me back this morning and asked me to give them new measurements so they can make me an entirely new jacket. The language barrier is a bit of a problem but they seem like they genuinely want to fix this which is good news. I'll keep everyone updated and try to post pictures in the next few days.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back