Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Ah man, what a shame it's been cancelled!

The model wasn't the best, but for £900 over 2 years - the subframe and a lot of the details parts such as the cockpit would have been great!

Fingers crossed it's on hold while they count up the number of subscriptions etc and then work something out :)

Oh well :) If it is canned, then I've at least got a nice cockpit to put in a scratch built full scale one :D

Anyone fancy starting a project of 3D printed greeblies for the scratch builders, rather than spend £2500 on just the greeblies alone? :D

I subscribed just before it was posted here that it had been cancelled. I have not received anything from the company as yet apart from the confirmation email.

I got my 4th issue with the letter informing me they have suspended the collection.

There's also a mail in form which is to inform them that, yes, i would like a free issue 5. I suppose this is to gauge serious interest?

Anyhoo, i really hope they continue.....

Rich

Not much happeing after getting the 4 issues. I did get a survey from them a copuple of weeks ago so they may still be considering it.

They should do a survey on the internet, ala kickstarter, to see if there is interest. I really do wonder when licensees are going to start using crowd funding to gauge and interest in a product.

What's wrong with the FM cockpit? The only major fault I was aware of in that kit is the parallel mandibles, I was under the impression that everything else was pretty much on point

It's too long, too pointy - even for the 32 inch. It also sits on the body in the wrong place, a bit too far back, so that in the plan view, the corridor tube meets the cockpit at much too shallow an angle. Check a plan view of the 32 inch with one of the FM and you'll see how wrong that angle is.

And a little bit of info for anyone still interested in this 32 inch Falcon Part Works....when i emailed D'Agostini confirm my prize and address, i asked them if they were definitely going to continue the Build the Millennium Falcon mag at some point.. their reply was....

."With regards to the Build the Millennium Falcon magazine, yes it will be continued at some stage and we will of course update subscribers to this as and when it happens. "

That sounds like good news to me!!!

Rich

last thing I've heard is they are planning to roll it out properly in early 2015, January most likely

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back