Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

I went to the order page on the us site and upon checkout, Canada was available in the form! Anyone in Canada subscribed to this???

I did!

Just got my notice today that the first group of parts has been shipped!

Although the notice showed that they were shipping 2 sets of everything instead of just the one that I ordered. I did receive an email last week stating that I was only charged for one and that I would only receive one subscription. So when the package arrives I guess we shall see.

I don't plan on building mine for awhile but I have already started planning on what I will do with it. I have already been looking at purchasing some of the fantastic aftermarket sets on Shapeways, especially for some of the interior parts which I would like to upgrade.

I was also luckily able to source some original pollyscale and floquil paint colours that were used on the original filming model. As my build will be trying to replicate the original filming model as closely as humanly possible.

Just wanted to show a quick comparison photo of the Deagostini turret compared to my Master Replica's Falcon. The color is pretty dang close. Definitely needs some more weathering.
20150319_132127.jpg

Getting way ahead of myself, but I was wondering if anyone knows where the access point might be to replace the batteries or turn on and off the cockpit lights? It looks like the battery pack is just going to be right behind the cockpit door unless that's only a temporary wire until later.

Just wanted to show a quick comparison photo of the Deagostini turret compared to my Master Replica's Falcon. The color is pretty dang close. Definitely needs some more weathering.
View attachment 453245

Bro... since you are building this too and have access to the MR please please please post comparision pics of all the pieces as they come out! I am sure it would become a valuable tool later on!

Getting way ahead of myself, but I was wondering if anyone knows where the access point might be to replace the batteries or turn on and off the cockpit lights? It looks like the battery pack is just going to be right behind the cockpit door unless that's only a temporary wire until later.

If you look at the blueprint, the battery compartment will be located just behind the front center mandible, in front of the interior. And I believe there will not be any exterior buttons to press to activate anything because it will be completely remote controlled. Which means you'll end up with a key fob or an exterior box of some kind that will allow you to turn on the lights and activate the boarding ramp. But this is all purely speculation at this point based on the just what little facts we've all gleemed from the sparse information they have released about the completed kit.

Bro... since you are building this too and have access to the MR please please please post comparision pics of all the pieces as they come out! I am sure it would become a valuable tool later on!
No problem! If I don't add it on my own, just let me know what you need.

Hi Guys

I have just read all 41 pages, I am glad that the vast majority of you all are positive about this build,

I am a member of Rebelscum forum and a user their posted this link and correctly stated that this is the FINEST modified build of this Falcon.

http://forum.buildmillenniumfalcon.com/forums/topic/brians-build-log/

The guy is amazing and I am sure his tips will help you all

(Thanks to Jameth at rebelscum for bringing this to our attention)

View attachment 453245

Don't take your MR paint job as the reference. As you may know, there was a LOAD of variation between the MR falcons so some were terrible in terms of weathering, and some were just perfect, darker, lighter etc ...

agreed! We MUST have this comparison for those of us who are super crazy. :)

after issue 9 they start giving you lower frame and hull plating along with interior walls exct, it's the right hand forward quadrant starts just forward of where the cockpit tube mounts and includes the first signs of mounting the mandibles . also in issue 12 we see for the first time hull frame all the way to the center ring and a piece of hull plating between the mandibles where the battery box will mount

Last edited:
Don't take your MR paint job as the reference. As you may know, there was a LOAD of variation between the MR falcons so some were terrible in terms of weathering, and some were just perfect, darker, lighter etc ...
The ILM models are amazing..but having seen them in person...the paint job was never as good as I imagined it would be in my head before seeing them. Then again it's been a long time since they were made, and who knows who did what to them since the 70's. .. I will have to say the picture posted is encouraging to me that it's at least close to/ or dead on to a MR one (in color).. Not perfect...but not bad for as-is either.

Tip for USA peeps...
I had previously signed up with UPS for a free account. Basically they will send you an email alert 1 day before you get a package from them. Since the falcon comes by UPS in the usa, you guys should really sign up. You also get an actual tracking number too...sure ..it's only 1 day before, but very handy to figure out what happened if a part goes missing. I just got mine seconds ago.... This is really going to be bigger than I thought...... also the color of the falcon....very different color than I was expecting... why is it I remember the real falcon being so WHITE(in person) and this being so...light greyish... remember..I said the real falcon in-person(under not super bright lights) looked pretty white... so we ain't talking the way it looks on film.

View attachment 453245

Looks good but there are a few greebles missing with just holes on the Deagostini. Haven't looked at original reference but one would think the MR might be more accurate, maybe.

Looks good but there are a few greebles missing with just holes on the Deagostini. Haven't looked at original reference but one would think the MR might be more accurate, maybe.
Yeah..but we will get parts to fit into those holes...keep that in mind.. If anything...the Deagostini is suppose to have parts missing from the MR :)

So by the time I get the full kit..I will have seen STAR WARS 7, ROGUE ONE, and STAR WARS 8 will just about be out :) whew....maybe I will have seen tron 3 too...

To answer a couple of questions:

Yes, the Deagostini turret is 1/8 of an inch bigger than the master replicas. It is a small difference, but I think the dark weathering around the MR makes it look a little smaller compared to the Deagostini than it really is.

Second, yes the MR had paint variations, but the base coat did not. The base color of this turret is pretty dang close. I trust the starting base color that Steve Dymszo and his team came up with because they had unprecedented access to actual 32" Falcon. Don't get me started on my rant I did back on pg. 22 post #529 about lighting, color temp., bla bla bla. Bottom line, my MR Falcon looks BAD ASS every time I look at it and that's good enough for me. I agree that the weathering is going to need to be reworked and added to a little, but not a bad start on this.

Third, I do believe that the holes are meant for add-ons in upcoming issues and as TronGod stated, it is supposed to have parts that are missing off the MR that were on the original Falcon that had fallen off.

So by the time I get the full kit..I will have seen STAR WARS 7, ROGUE ONE, and STAR WARS 8 will just about be out :) whew....maybe I will have seen tron 3 too...

Ya man!!

What about Chewie? And DeAgo Han? :D :cool

People is asking me about them!!!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back