Page 3 of 173 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Nov 2001
    From
    Langhorne, PA - just outside of Philadelphia
    Apr 7, 2014, 3:48 PM - Re: Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this? #51

I so want this... Seriously anyone in the UK wanna make a few bucks off of me (within reason of course) in getting them and sending them overseas to the US... Let me know.

Thanks,
    Jedi Dade
    From
    Australia
    Apr 8, 2014, 6:53 AM - Re: Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this? #52

diaxus said: View Post
    im hoping that deagostani don't stop the run half way through as they have done with a few of there collections, they stated that lack of interest for some of there stuff much to the frustration of my kids.. but this one is for me
    Technically I wonder where they would stand if you demanded your money back. I mean if they didn't offer the product they advertised by not completing the set isn't it some sort of fraud. I'd be royally pissed if I started this and couldn't finish it.

Ben
    From
    East Riding of Yorkshire...originally from Glasgow!
    Apr 8, 2014, 7:21 AM - Re: Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this? #53

Just got the first 2 issues today.
    Yeah the detail is lacking a bit, but there's no reason we can't go in and mod the hell out of this!
    I bought DeAgostini's Star Wars Vehicles and Starships collection, they didn't stop half way through....quite the opposite......it was originally going to be 50 issues and it ran for 75.

Rich
    From
    Brighton, UK
    Apr 8, 2014, 10:58 AM - Re: Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this? #54

I saw the first 2 issues in the newsagent's today, only the 1st had pricing on. Does anybody know what the pricing of the regular edition is? And how often are they released? The detail didn't look too bad and if the price is okay I might consider it
    From
    Northern Ireland
    Apr 8, 2014, 1:02 PM - Re: Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this? #55

8.99 weekly

J
    From
    Brighton, UK
    Apr 8, 2014, 3:53 PM - Re: Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this? #56

Jaitea said: View Post
    8.99 weekly

J
    Cheers J, seems reasonable enough but still, I won't be shelling out haha
    Apr 8, 2014, 6:28 PM - Re: Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this? #57

Ian Lawrence has a preview of the first two issues over at his site:

DeAgostini Part Work 'Build The Millennium Falcon' Work In Progress Log Page 1

So all I can say is this - I don't care about uber accuracy - subscribe people, then hopefully this will be released in Australia when the time is right.
    From
    Southern California
    Apr 9, 2014, 7:36 AM - Re: Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this? #58

Ouch - 90-degree walls on the turret... Looks like Fine Molds.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DMF 001.jpg 
Views:	412 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	309471
    From
    Brighton, UK
    Apr 9, 2014, 7:42 AM - Re: Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this? #59

PHArchivist said: View Post
    Ouch - 90-degree walls on the turret... Looks like Fine Molds.

Name:	DMF 001.jpg 
Views:	412 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	309471
    Yeah I noticed that too, and the details are quite simplified a la Revell/Code 3 in that they look computer generated
    From
    Germany
    Apr 9, 2014, 10:45 AM - Re: Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this? #60

I'm sure people - especially people on here - will turn this into a magnificient model!
  11. imurme is offline imurme
    Apr 9, 2014, 4:15 PM - Re: Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this? #61

Spacejunk said: View Post
    Ian Lawrence has a preview of the first two issues over at his site:

DeAgostini Part Work 'Build The Millennium Falcon' Work In Progress Log Page 1

So all I can say is this - I don't care about uber accuracy - subscribe people, then hopefully this will be released in Australia when the time is right.

I took a look at the preview you linked and I can tell you what Falcon they are showing in the example shots...

Attachment 309675Attachment 309676Attachment 309677Attachment 309678

...it is the MR Falcon repainted and decal'd by Kenneth W. Wingle...you can see images of it on the amazon site (Customer Image Gallery for Star Wars Millennium Falcon Studio Scale Limited Edition Replica) and on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gBMFbkTT-I)

You can tell by how its been painted (see the green panel on the cockpit nose) and by the decals used...so don't think the final model will look like these images...I just hope they asked Kenn's permission to use his Falcon for the magazine photos.

[edit]...seems the RPF didn't get the photos uploaded correctly...so I put them on PhotoBucket here...http://s513.photobucket.com/user/imu...stini%20Falcon
    Last edited by imurme; Apr 9, 2014 at 4:26 PM. Reason: hate the way RPF uploads photo's
    From
    gatwick England
    Apr 10, 2014, 3:02 AM - Re: Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this? #62

gizmo said: View Post
    Technically I wonder where they would stand if you demanded your money back. I mean if they didn't offer the product they advertised by not completing the set isn't it some sort of fraud. I'd be royally pissed if I started this and couldn't finish it.

Ben
    The product I meant was the star wars fact file, they ran for 7 weeks then stopped, but just noticed thieve rereleased it, just have to wait now to catch up again.. damn, that's two I have to collect now 8)
    From
    gatwick England
    Apr 10, 2014, 3:13 AM - Re: Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this? #63

I got the second issue and noticed that your going to have to paint a lot of the detail on your self to get the weathering effects and diff painted panels, this is even stated in the mag saying that a few issues time there will be a section on painting effects, guessing drybrush tech and airbrush work.

also talked to staff at the main newsagents ill be getting it from (w h smiths) and they said they will stock only 5 - 7 weeks of it with decreasing amounts each week, THE only way to get this every week will be subscription from either deagostani or local newsagents getting it in for you .

so as you get an issue free (err issue 4 at mo) and a few freebies with it, think ill be commiting to the deagostani subscription to your door and hope the post don't break it or loose any on the way
    Apr 10, 2014, 7:28 AM - Re: Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this? #64

Thanks for the info. If this is the case then that's a deal breaker for me. As someone not able to afford an MR Falcon I had signed up for this with a view to improving it later on.
    However, if they are actually using a different product to advertise what they are selling, one that we have already established is superior in detail and finish ( at least as far the first few parts we have seen) to what they are actually shipping, then I'm out. In fact I'd say this is a breach of advertising standards. Is there actually an image of their product assembled and finished available that can show us what our hard earned money will be buying?

N

imurme said: View Post
    I took a look at the preview you linked and I can tell you what Falcon they are showing in the example shots...

Attachment 309675Attachment 309676Attachment 309677Attachment 309678

...it is the MR Falcon repainted and decal'd by Kenneth W. Wingle...you can see images of it on the amazon site (Customer Image Gallery for Star Wars Millennium Falcon Studio Scale Limited Edition Replica) and on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gBMFbkTT-I)

You can tell by how its been painted (see the green panel on the cockpit nose) and by the decals used...so don't think the final model will look like these images...I just hope they asked Kenn's permission to use his Falcon for the magazine photos.

[edit]...seems the RPF didn't get the photos uploaded correctly...so I put them on PhotoBucket here...DeAgostini Falcon Photos by imurme | Photobucket
    Apr 12, 2014, 7:28 PM - Re: Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this? #65

I would love to be able to get a hold of these magazines here in the states, I kick my self all the time not grabbing an MR Falcon when I could....
    While not a uber detailed as the MR piece it would at least give a very nice base to build from. The metal framework alone would help.
  16. RPF Premium Member SVTStingRay's Avatar
    From
    Miami, FL
    Apr 13, 2014, 11:52 PM - Re: Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this? #66

we never get cool things in the states!
    From
    gatwick England
    Apr 14, 2014, 7:26 AM - Re: Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this? #67

im wondering if all you lot in the usa could hire a PO box in the uk and get the sucription sent there, once a few montyhs pay for UPS or FEDEX to pick it up and deliver it to you there, just a thought
    Apr 14, 2014, 9:37 AM - Re: Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this? #68

im wondering if all you lot in the usa could hire a PO box in the uk and get the sucription sent there, once a few montyhs pay for UPS or FEDEX to pick it up and deliver it to you there, just a thought
    Wouldn't we have to BE there to set up the PO Box initially?
    From
    East Riding of Yorkshire...originally from Glasgow!
    Apr 14, 2014, 10:25 AM - Re: Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this? #69

Well, i for one never would have believed you could build a 32 inch Falcon week by week from a magazine. We live in a golden age, my friends!

Next it'll be a half studio scale Refit Enterprise....lol

Rich
  20. RPF Premium Member SVTStingRay's Avatar
    From
    Miami, FL
    Apr 15, 2014, 1:16 AM - Re: Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this? #70

clancampbell said: View Post
    Well, i for one never would have believed you could build a 32 inch Falcon week by week from a magazine. We live in a golden age, my friends!

Next it'll be a half studio scale Refit Enterprise....lol

Rich

Name:	Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	346.6 KB 
ID:	312026
    From
    gatwick England
    Apr 15, 2014, 8:32 AM - Re: Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this? #71

Aegis159 said: View Post
    Wouldn't we have to BE there to set up the PO Box initially?
    I don't think so, take a look at the terms and conditions, seems you can do it all online

to help manage your business mail address professionally | Royal Mail Group Ltd
    Apr 15, 2014, 9:53 AM - Re: Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this? #72

I don't think so, take a look at the terms and conditions, seems you can do it all online

to help manage your business mail address professionally | Royal Mail Group Ltd
    Yeah unfortunately I would have to have lived in the UK for at least 3 months as to get a PO Box you have to show 2 proofs of residence.

MAN that would have been a good solution though!!
    From
    Greece
    Apr 15, 2014, 12:02 PM - Re: Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this? #73

Lee S said: View Post
    Wouldn't be the worst piece to buy for the base, core model, metal sub-structure, interior, lighting, engineering and then redetail/repaint the exterior...
    If it's a blow-up of Finemolds it wouldn't be any use even as a base. Not to me. That thing's out all over the place. Seriously wrong dims on cockpit, cockpit corridor angle, mandibles, jawboxes, dome curve, gun turrets etc. And the general dims on this thing might be worse than the Finemolds for all we know, since they refuse to show us what it builds into.
    Apr 15, 2014, 1:59 PM - Re: Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this? #74

Somebody show this to Adam Savage haha he just talked about this a week or so ago

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  25. imurme is offline imurme
    Apr 16, 2014, 11:50 AM - Re: Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this? #75

Colin Droidmilk said: View Post
    If it's a blow-up of Finemolds it wouldn't be any use even as a base. Not to me. That thing's out all over the place. Seriously wrong dims on cockpit, cockpit corridor angle, mandibles, jawboxes, dome curve, gun turrets etc. And the general dims on this thing might be worse than the Finemolds for all we know, since they refuse to show us what it builds into.
    Ya agreed, Finemolds is off quite a bit, and it's the best (affordable) version yet of the ESB Falcon (not counting the SUPER expensive Master Replicas)...Makes me wonder if they try (or are asked to) get it slightly wrong, perhaps to keep it open for more sales on other models later???
    I have the Finemolds but have put off building it cause I want to figure out how to fix it (probably would pretty much have to scratch a whole new base and just use some of the detail pieces, pretty expensive donor kit)...would really like to see how close the EFX Falcon is if they are ever going to (be allowed to) release it...Of course those are not at full scale, which just seems out of reach because of cost (even this Deagostini ends up pretty expensive as well as unattainable in the USA)...and trying to do a full on Studio Scale build is just to expensive and difficult (finding ALL of those dang donor kits) so that's out for me.
    As for why we haven't seen a finished version of it yet, it could be that there is no finished version and they are putting out parts as they make them?
    Also I was curious, are the exterior parts metal or plastic/styrene?

[Edit] But you wait, it wont be long, and we will be able to make models from digitally sculpted/scanned data and print right at home on 3D printers...Model kits will not even be needed and scale is up to the customers ability to print.
    Last edited by imurme; Apr 16, 2014 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Just thought of something...