Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

I have no official news, but I do recommend following the FB page.

1427180552628.jpg

FYI, Disney has a metal MF about 7-8" long and the details are quite good. Kinda something for your office desk at work while we build the big ones at home.

Disregard the paint job on the link below as its not the same as the production piece. But dont get your hopes up over the production paint job either......its just as bad. But cant complain for $20

http://www.disneystore.com/vehicles...m-falcon-die-cast-vehicle/mp/1383178/1000268/

FYI, Disney has a metal MF about 7-8" long and the details are quite good. Kinda something for your office desk at work while we build the big ones at home.

Disregard the paint job on the link below as its not the same as the production piece. But dont get your hopes up over the production paint job either......its just as bad. But cant complain for $20

http://www.disneystore.com/vehicles...m-falcon-die-cast-vehicle/mp/1383178/1000268/

I grabbed one of those a long time ago when they first came out - its pretty nice for a toy - but it IS a toy. If you want a display piece pick up a Bandai or Fine molds 1/144 falcon - almost the same size and much better than the toy... if you're looking for a display piece. If you'r elooking to zoom it around the room and crash it into the flower pot... C'mon I'm not the only one... the Disney toy is a great pickup :D

Jedi Dade

R2 a flop... Not sure Its a flop as I have no data past the anecdotal... I did not hear many people wanting to step up to a thousand dollar R2 that was only 1/2 scale... myself included and I've already spent well over a grand building one a piece at a time in full size. If it were full size they could reasonable charge $2500 over 2 years like the falcon for a good R2 replica... and I'd pay - but not for a 1/2 scale one... I can get toys close that and with a repaint be happy for 1/10 the cost.

What they should do is hook up with Ringa and build an ANH SD... THAT would be epic...

Jedi Dade

A friend who subscribed to the R2 build received the first 4 issues then had a letter informing him it won't be continuing, although pretty sure that's what happened with the MF at the beginning..?

Also he said it slotted together,no screws ?, overall he wasn't impressed with the quality of the parts he received ...again this sounds like the test run of the Falcon

Last edited:
R2 a flop... Not sure Its a flop as I have no data past the anecdotal... I did not hear many people wanting to step up to a thousand dollar R2 that was only 1/2 scale... myself included and I've already spent well over a grand building one a piece at a time in full size. If it were full size they could reasonable charge $2500 over 2 years like the falcon for a good R2 replica... and I'd pay - but not for a 1/2 scale one... I can get toys close that and with a repaint be happy for 1/10 the cost.

What they should do is hook up with Ringa and build an ANH SD... THAT would be epic...

Jedi Dade

well R2 is not a flop, I love the little guy, but you yourself said it...not everybody was excited when it was announced and like the other poster said , most subscribers got a letter in the mail saying it would not be continued. When I was trading emails at hlj over parts 1 and 3 for the falcon I asked about R2 and they did assume it would continue. Somebody over here said to keep a eye on the model space fb page for a announcement. For what ? dunno

Nearly all partworks start with a test run of four issues, solely to gain interest and iron out bugs.

I can guarantee R2 will be a full product at the end of the year, after the falcon is finished. There were at least 500 members on Facebook alone that subscribed to the test run.

I'm sorry but doing a "Test Run" of four issues, then canceling and maybe starting all over again is a really bad business model! And doesn't go very far in creating a happy subscriber base. I guess at least those of us in the U.S. aren't offered the a product until its the real thing. And if the quality on the first four issues was poor then DeAg isn't learning from the Falcon how picky and demanding Star Wars collecting fans are.

Agreed! When I was considering getting involved with the Falcon, the fact that they stopped the run for a while almost made me not invest. I was scared that the project would leave me hanging after dumping a lot of money into it.

DeAgostini and Hachette have been doing the test run for years though. It's nothing new.

I know most of you are new to the whole partworks thing, but this is how it's been for a very long time.

Those people that have subscribed to the falcon, and subsequently r2 test runs don't pay a cent. Aside from the first issue in the newsagents (which again is in a small local area of the U.K., not a national release) they get those 4 issues for free.

When the run starts again, they again get those issues for free. It's quite normal for those familiar to
partworks.

I don't understand what purpose the stickers are supposed to serve. I know the 5ft had a lot of decals all over, but not like the ones in the video. Also, I'm wondering why they have it up on the landing stilts instead of the gear. You can see the gear in some of the photos. Maybe because it's being handled and twisted around by a bunch of people they don't want them to break?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back