Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Make sure you tell them why your canceling. We need them to know. Im excited about this model but it's poor form on their part.

Ben

ehh...so much crying....while there are a few inaccuracies are on this model, the simple fact is that if you want a studio scale Falcon, this is it. If it bothers you that much, go buy a Master Replicas Falcon off of Ebay for $5000 and up or work the problem on this one.

My gun is in five parts. So it looks like I'm OK. That is the tell, right - 3 parts bad, 5 parts good?

madcow, as I noted I was on the fence about this thing to begin with. I'm a 5-footer guy at heart - and for this scale (almost) I have the recent Hasbro release and a bunch of upgrade bits for it.

Sure, it's not accurate either, but it's also $99 not $2200. :lol

ehh...so much crying....while there are a few inaccuracies are on this model, the simple fact is that if you want a studio scale Falcon, this is it. If it bothers you that much, go buy a Master Replicas Falcon off of Ebay for $5000 and up or work the problem on this one.

Lol. Dude no crying here. I'll still be happy with it. The point is that they corrected the parts and they should have been with our release as it was after the parts were corrected. That's what makes it poor.If they hadn't corrected the parts then sure, no complaints.

Does anyone actually have pics of the latest part? I've been up and down the thread - well parts of it anyway, it's big - including page 8 and that French chap's video. He was comparing an incorrect part to a correct one...but they looked identical, as best I could tell. The only comment on his video says the same thing.

Edit - disregard, spotted it. I'm tired and have a headache, not at my most observant. So it's just that edging? And the French release *still* isn't correct, with the same detail missing from the vertical edge...that's it? That is pretty minor. I'll take care of that with a blade, I think.

Last edited:
Someone posted pics of the right and wrong parts in the same pic but I can't remember where. It's issues 1 and 3.

Ben

Thanks Ben. I've been looking at those pics, and the vid, and the DeAgo forum - and feeling like an idiot, but I've found the change now. Since the latest part still isn't correct and needs more or less the same fix anyway I may let it lie for now - but after this long wait, and fixed parts in other markets, it's perfectly legitimate to expect the same here. I'll certainly drop Bissett a line on Tuesday and see what they say. Decide after that.

Thanks Ben. I've been looking at those pics, and the vid, and the DeAgo forum - and feeling like an idiot, but I've found the change now. Since the latest part still isn't correct and needs more or less the same fix anyway I may let it lie for now - but after this long wait, and fixed parts in other markets, it's perfectly legitimate to expect the same here. I'll certainly drop Bissett a line on Tuesday and see what they say. Decide after that.

Boy was it a long wait. Esp watching everyone building it on here. But I'm so happy we've finally started. I'd love a 5 footer but this is better suited size wise for me. :)

Ben

Lol. Dude no crying here. I'll still be happy with it. The point is that they corrected the parts and they should have been with our release as it was after the parts were corrected. That's what makes it poor.If they hadn't corrected the parts then sure, no complaints.

I re-read my post and I meant it to be a little funny..not like a dick. I am sorry for that, I should have put a smiley face in there. I guess my lite hearted point I wanted to make is there are 60 plus issues and we have problems with 1 and 3 and with the turret. Most are easy fixes but yes, the parts should have been corrected, but not just for the aussies, but for everybody. I imagine they made xxxx molds and they will run till they run out. I think the only thing I might have a problem with is the way they advertised this. When you go to the site you see this master replicas like paint job and it says "build the falcon" but as we all have seen it does need some level of detail to get it there and good luck trying to find any Tamiya AS-20. I have been modeling for a long time so I feel I can get this to the way I want. Somebody that expects it to look like that without any paint help will be unhappy with the final product. I played catchup on this so I ended up with 12 boxes and a $719 charge that I am still navigating through. The only saving grace is I got on when shipping was a $1 per subscription :)

I re-read my post and I meant it to be a little funny..not like a dick. I am sorry for that, I should have put a smiley face in there. I guess my lite hearted point I wanted to make is there are 60 plus issues and we have problems with 1 and 3 and with the turret. Most are easy fixes but yes, the parts should have been corrected, but not just for the aussies, but for everybody. I imagine they made xxxx molds and they will run till they run out. I think the only thing I might have a problem with is the way they advertised this. When you go to the site you see this master replicas like paint job and it says "build the falcon" but as we all have seen it does need some level of detail to get it there and good luck trying to find any Tamiya AS-20. I have been modeling for a long time so I feel I can get this to the way I want. Somebody that expects it to look like that without any paint help will be unhappy with the final product. I played catchup on this so I ended up with 12 boxes and a $719 charge that I am still navigating through. The only saving grace is I got on when shipping was a $1 per subscription :)

All good man. :)

Yeah the paint will need work. I expected that too which is fine by me. It is a little deceiving advertising it with that paint job like you said. But I always thought before any parts started coming out "how the hell are they going to pull off that consistent paint job by just painting individual small pieces and then putting them together to look like one continuous paint app." The airbrushing especially. I just couldn't see it happening but now I see the parts I think they've done the best they could and people like us can improve it if we want. Exciting times anyway. :)

Ben

...I just assumed Australia would be getting them. ...

Orstrayyaaaa !!! :lol Sorry m´man, had to do this :p Don´t be too disappointed, over here in Germany not everyone got the updated parts, either. I got the old versions for both issues 1 and 3. And customer service first promised an exchange but then they changed their mind and did not honor the promise. Even new subscribers have to wait until the parts have been produced again before they get any issues at all. So I will probably make a new subscription and then cancel it after I got he critical issues. Or simply order the single issues again when the parts have been produced again.

Off to check, and cancel my sub if not. I was a little bit half-hearted about the 32" model anyway, probably shouldn't have signed up.[/QUOTE]

I know we've all been a bit critical about the pix in the ads not being what you actually get (myself included!) but when you stop to think about it the box art on model kits is almost never of the actual kit. Often it's an artist's rendering. The Bandai kits are "no painting required" but we all know they need a paint job to look good. As to the accuracy issues, most of those have seemed to be relating to compromises being made in order to mass produce injection molded parts at a reasonable price. And I think it's a lot easier to be hyper-critical of accuracy when we only get a few parts a month to focus on. I'm still amazed DeAg retooled the cockpit and sent new parts. And their customer service has been top notch. I was a little disappointed the R2D2 was their next Star Wars kit but I'm hoping we get another SS model offering from them soon.

I've got to say, this thing for the frame alone is incredible. Accuracy can be corrected. I suppose considering the cost it would be nice if they just did it right but it is not a deal killer for me. I started at the half way point and for a normal person this will create a really nice model without even doing more than just bolting it all together. Repaint it as most are doing and you should be able to create a nice piece.

Yeah the frame is fantastic!! Did anyone notice in the specs this thing will weigh 11kgs. That's a pretty heavy solid model.

Ben

I re-read my post and I meant it to be a little funny..not like a dick. I am sorry for that, I should have put a smiley face in there.

NP dude! For my part I came off as more whiny than I meant to. I was dithering over this whole thing and took the plunge really late at night after struggling with 3D stuff for hours. Didn't even remember I'd done it the next day TBH, haha.

I guess my lite hearted point I wanted to make is there are 60 plus issues and we have problems with 1 and 3 and with the turret.

Thanks for that. That actually answers my remaining worry - I knew I'd heard the turret being mentioned, and the docking hatch arms, but that's all. So that (and the guns and cockpit details, obviously) covers all the "known issues" so far? I had the impression there were quite a few other revisions. But if not then yep, I'll just cut down the parts and notch where needed, maybe add a few styrene bits too. (I'm not gonna go Full Stringer) :p

Most are easy fixes but yes, the parts should have been corrected, but not just for the aussies, but for everybody.

Oh yes. I mean I was just thinking if we're waiting a year longer than everyone else we'll surely get the latest bits. Oh well - the difference is a lot less than I first thought, TBH.

Orstrayyaaaa !!! :lol Sorry m´man, had to do this :p Don´t be too disappointed, over here in Germany not everyone got the updated parts, either. I got the old versions for both issues 1 and 3.

LOL. OK - Michael wins! That *really* sucks man, you don't promise something and then renege. I hear the French release has been a patchwork of old and new parts...what's going on?! Very odd.

Yeah the frame is fantastic!! Did anyone notice in the specs this thing will weigh 11kgs. That's a pretty heavy solid model.

Lugging Dave's MR at shows is no small job, so I'm not surprised! :lol Be careful with the Zamac parts btw. It's not the strongest alloy in the world - you'd have to work to break any parts on their own, but once bolted up I expect the frame won't take kindly to drops. It's pot-metal, essentially.

Lugging Dave's MR at shows is no small job, so I'm not surprised! :lol Be careful with the Zamac parts btw. It's not the strongest alloy in the world - you'd have to work to break any parts on their own, but once bolted up I expect the frame won't take kindly to drops. It's pot-metal, essentially.[/QUOTE]

I am looking for the picture, but there are a few out there that are applying a epoxy resin to the metal frame and the plastic to make it stronger. Something I will not do unless it seems flimsy as the build goes along.

Please forgive me if this has already been shared on this thread, but here's the poor man's way to correct TP-1 and 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know we've all been a bit critical about the pix in the ads not being what you actually get (myself included!) but when you stop to think about it the box art on model kits is almost never of the actual kit. Often it's an artist's rendering. The Bandai kits are "no painting required" but we all know they need a paint job to look good. As to the accuracy issues, most of those have seemed to be relating to compromises being made in order to mass produce injection molded parts at a reasonable price. And I think it's a lot easier to be hyper-critical of accuracy when we only get a few parts a month to focus on. I'm still amazed DeAg retooled the cockpit and sent new parts. And their customer service has been top notch. I was a little disappointed the R2D2 was their next Star Wars kit but I'm hoping we get another SS model offering from them soon.

Stay tuned to the model Space website and Facebook page.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back