Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Just looking at getting some Shapeways replacement parts namely the turret window and cockpit console. What changes need to be made to the console and apart from being incorrectly orientated what's wrong with the window?

My catch up package turned up today. A rather battered big box but I think all OK within.
IMG_20160311_102950.jpg

So now I am up to issue 62. Start as soon as model studio is ready...probably a couple of weeks yet.

Thanks go out to the Deag team for their enabling the catch up.

Anyone in Australia able to subscribe thru Bissett ?
ive tried twice & it times out at "confirm order page 3 of 4"
tried ringing their number & no dial tone.
"I've got a bad feeling about this"

I picked up my copy today as well. After installing it I noticed two errors to be rectified - on the upper left edge of the plate there is a missing notch. This took all of five minutes to fix with a knife and file. Secondly, I noticed that the whole thing looked rather odd and lopsided, like the greeblie bay was positioned too far to the left. Consulting the reference photos of the real thing and double checking on the photos with compass dividers highlighted the problem - it appears that the plating on the right hand edge is too short - it should extend further to the left, covering more of the bay area space - by a millimetre or two. It can be fixed with plasticard, so that's on the to do list for the weekend.

If you want to check for yourselves, there is a really good picture on Maths's site showing a close up of this area. Use your dividers to compare the width of the armour plate on the bottom right of the bay area with the one on the left. On the real thing the with of the right one is slightly but noticeably wider than the one on the left. On th De Ago part they are more or less the same width.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Just received the Shapeways back/side wall and console and was trying to find some information on painting/masking these clear parts for lighting. Found some builds where they used the Paragrafix parts with PE but none so far on the 3D printed parts. Haven't some any real painting/masking of clear parts with so many buttons/lights/switches, etc. Some tips would be greatly appreciated.

Snag, one technique people have used with the shapeways parts is to paint them entirely then scrape away the paint (after it dries) where you want the light to show through. It's probably much easier than trying to mask off each and every single light. Just don't paint the back sides where your LED's go or you'll have to scrape the paint from both sides to allow the light through.

Further to my previous post on the inaccurate plating area on the aft port side detail bay area, I have just collected issue 64 from my newsagent, and noticed that the preview picture for issue 65 shows the plating part for the starboard aft detail bay and it appears to be correct!!!

image.jpeg

How can they manage to get one side correct and mess up the other side?!!!

Not too surprising since accuracy seems to vary based on side. The port side seems to have attempted to get all of the hull notches while the starboard side didn't really feel that the effort was worth it.

This is all very disappointing. I just received the first parts pack and didn't even think to check it would be the updated parts; I just assumed Australia would be getting them. Off to check, and cancel my sub if not. I was a little bit half-hearted about the 32" model anyway, probably shouldn't have signed up.

This is all very disappointing. I just received the first parts pack and didn't even think to check it would be the updated parts; I just assumed Australia would be getting them. Off to check, and cancel my sub if not. I was a little bit half-hearted about the 32" model anyway, probably shouldn't have signed up.

Make sure you tell them why your canceling. We need them to know. Im excited about this model but it's poor form on their part.

Ben

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back