Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Is this just a straight-ahead, no mods build so far?

Yep, only addition so far is the Paragrafix cockpit. I won't be displaying the ramp or interior on my final build, and will be omitting the lower turret and replacing it with a new stand.

Waiting for the Paragrafix turret to be released, which should be in the next couple of weeks.

On another note, I've recorded video of my ramp before I seal it up for good.

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums...ds/DD3C910E-DAC6-4798-A241-F631D6374811_2.mp4

Yep, only addition so far is the Paragrafix cockpit. I won't be displaying the ramp or interior on my final build, and will be omitting the lower turret and replacing it with a new stand.

Waiting for the Paragrafix turret to be released, which should be in the next couple of weeks.

On another note, I've recorded video of my ramp before I seal it up for good.

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums...ds/DD3C910E-DAC6-4798-A241-F631D6374811_2.mp4

Why don't you put a couple of magnets inside the ramp instead of sealing it up in case you change your mind.

Has anyone noticed this image at all on the back of Issue No. 1 carboard backing? At first I thought this was the De Agostini Falcon because it has the Allied Van Lines decal above the cockpit which wasn't on the filming model.

Then I started to look closer. I looked at the parts TP1 and TP2 which shows the armour detailing on the sides but then I saw the cockpit canopy framing and all of them appear to be correct for the filming model. Even the left mandible where the 2 holes are between the front and the first maintenance pit has noticeable oval shaped staining which is on the actual model so I have to ask...is this a previously unseen image of the filming model WITH the Allied Van Lines logo or is this Steve Dymszo's MR Falcon (still missing the quad gun blaster shield).

12688179_10208672969571842_2466985761548772261_n.jpg

My gut instinct is telling me this is an MR Falcon. Thoughts?

Has anyone noticed this image at all on the back of Issue No. 1 carboard backing? At first I thought this was the De Agostini Falcon because it has the Allied Van Lines decal above the cockpit which wasn't on the filming model.

Then I started to look closer. I looked at the parts TP1 and TP2 which shows the armour detailing on the sides but then I saw the cockpit canopy framing and all of them appear to be correct for the filming model. Even the left mandible where the 2 holes are between the front and the first maintenance pit has noticeable oval shaped staining which is on the actual model so I have to ask...is this a previously unseen image of the filming model WITH the Allied Van Lines logo or is this Steve Dymszo's MR Falcon (still missing the quad gun blaster shield).

View attachment 600218

My gut instinct is telling me this is an MR Falcon. Thoughts?

That's not the 32 as it has the decal above the cockpit like the 5 footer. and its to clean looking.

It's Steve Dymszo's personal MR Falcon that he customized, added missing parts, and painted himself. It's used for most of the primary photography for their promotional photos and magazine covers.

Why don't you put a couple of magnets inside the ramp instead of sealing it up in case you change your mind.

My overall intention from the beginning was to not use the ramp at all. I want to display my Falcon similar to the old MR case, except in a coffee table. Whilst it would be cool if I had a scale Peter and couch to replicate the scene from Blue Harvest, I still didn't want to have the ramp open mid flight.

For whatever reason, back when I was screwing down the bottom hull panels, I changed my mind and decided I wanted to display the ramp. I had noticed that from most display angles you wouldn't be able to look up inside the ramp, as well as the LED's being bright enough to discourage such an act.

Once people started posting their videos of their ramps activating when issue 57 came out, I instantly changed my mind again. Quite a large percentage of builders have ramps that don't open and close properly. Mine is also like that, despite only assembling everything for it now, and not months ago when the parts originally came out. It's just the way the motor is designed. I've seen pics of people bending the micro switches on the motor to make it so it does close properly, but I've also seen people break theirs. I initially thought it was too toy like to begin with, and installing mine helped reinforce that original thought.

Sure, it's pretty damn cool watching it open and close. But it just has no place in my final build.

i can just see it now....
some guy in Deagostini office saying "let's send all the wrong stuff to australia...they wont know the difference"
anyways i rang bissett yesterday and talked to a kind lady ...and as you can imagine me trying to explain about some line a millimeter thick not being there...
she asked me to email some pictures to her to explain....but their website doesn't seem to be working tonight...

Mate have you got any info back. If so we have an Aussie/NZ deag thread going so post on that one.

I finally started my build with a bunch of mods to the first pieces :) Hopefully the later pieces require less.
Still need to add the lower notches, but I'm waiting until I have the hull pieces so I know where to cut them.
Next, the cockpit tube!
12670774_10154068016938530_3014495159132515534_n.jpg12495930_10154068016988530_5484221679985210677_o.jpg

I'm not sure if anyone saw this pic before (sorry if it has been posted before). The paint job could use a lot more detailing, but it gives us an impression of what most of our models will look like soon.

View attachment 601425

TazMan2000
Hi TazMan,
Steve Dymszo had refinished the one that was part of Deagostini's advertising campaign (may have been the same on) and sent it back to Deago. Pictured below:
DSCN3765.jpg

Wow. I'm loving it. I like the look of the original parts there and are they original Shinano parts? Was it difficult to get the molded on detail off and what T track did you use down the sides?

I finally started my build with a bunch of mods to the first pieces :) Hopefully the later pieces require less.
Still need to add the lower notches, but I'm waiting until I have the hull pieces so I know where to cut them.
Next, the cockpit tube!
View attachment 601621View attachment 601620

Hey,
Yes they are original Shinano parts, I've also molded the little box piece as I'm going to need more than one kits worth (I think). The molded detail comes off fairly easy, no visits to the ER and stitches this time. I just used sharp xacto's and took it off in layers. The 'T' is Plastruct TFS-2, best I can tell it's the same the original used.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back