Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Does anyone got a spare Deagostini Battery Box they are not using??? Maybe doing your own thing?

I used mine for the back of my last Blade Runner Vidphone.

LMK if you want to part with it.

Thanks

Tom

Does anyone got a spare Deagostini Battery Box they are not using??? Maybe doing your own thing?

Thanks

Tom

Try finding that specific issue via Ebay....but use the worldwide search feature. Plan B, Im sure you can match it up with something from Radio Shack or Frys.

Thanks

Tom

Dude?? Really?? Don't tell me you already scavenged the almighty Falcon kit... BLASPHEMY!!! LOL There is a special place in hell for your kind you know that right? LMAO! :lol

Dude?? Really?? Don't tell me you already scavenged the almighty Falcon kit... BLASPHEMY!!! LOL There is a special place in hell for your kind you know that right? LMAO! :lol

I was desperate to get the build done and I figured I could snag another one or just use a regular battery holder.

I know :$

Tom

Hey guys - I got issue 48 but there was tear in the bag - just verifying that these are the contents - there's no screws, just a small baggie with two rectangular braces, a baggie with the larger metal lattice pieces, two hull pieces, and a vacformed jig?

IMG_7811.JPG

Hey guys - I got issue 48 but there was tear in the bag - just verifying that these are the contents - there's no screws, just a small baggie with two rectangular braces, a baggie with the larger metal lattice pieces, two hull pieces, and a vacformed jig?

View attachment 586425
Every issue I get (I'm up to pack 11), I just compare with what the magazine instructions say are included. Sometimes it's annoying because I try to keep almost everything sealed for now, yet, with some, you can't really tell until you open it up--and why that stupid white slip in every shipment, always slipped in there in a way to cover something up, grrr. Anyway, can't you just look at the magazine? Even if you don't use something yet, it always says something like, "Included in this issue."

BTW, I've got two subs going, one a month or so behind the other one. The second issue I got that contains the lower jawbox, that was also ripped open. I was a little concerned at first, too. Hopefully it doesn't become an issue, because another issue I've seen quite a bit of is shipping boxes with rips by the time they get to me.

Haven't gotten the magazine to go with this parts set yet. I get these from a third party via a trade I made. So I get things out of sequence/in batches, and the magazines are usually lagging by a couple issues.

Does any one have issue 48 to say whether I have everything?

I was desperate to get the build done and I figured I could snag another one or just use a regular battery holder.

I know :$

Tom

Well here's what you do... get another one and put it in your other thing and take back the DeAgo battery box! I swear... it's like talking to a brick wall! LOL Either that or you're just gonna have to do AC for the whole thing... and we all know how much you enjoy doing AC!

Well here's what you do... get another one and put it in your other thing and take back the DeAgo battery box! I swear... it's like talking to a brick wall! LOL Either that or you're just gonna have to do AC for the whole thing... and we all know how much you enjoy doing AC!

It's in New Zealand. It worked great and the customer is very happy.

I knew I could just pick up a back issue no problem but I thought I would check here.

You think I am like talking to a brick wall now wait until I get into trying to light this thing. I want to match the lighting to the Eco base and holy crap!!!!!!!!!!! there are a lot of lights on this thing.:cry

Tom

- - - Updated - - -

BTW thanks for the advice on the fiber kit. I got it and it's awesome. Good way to get my feet wet.

I am finally getting out of the prop collecting. Despite my best efforts to make it fun again it's not so pretty much everything is going, but the Deago will be next to me until I die and I am still hoping the nice folks there will build the Star Destroyer.

Tom

It's in New Zealand. It worked great and the customer is very happy.

I knew I could just pick up a back issue no problem but I thought I would check here.

You think I am like talking to a brick wall now wait until I get into trying to light this thing. I want to match the lighting to the Eco base and holy crap!!!!!!!!!!! there are a lot of lights on this thing.:cry

Tom

- - - Updated - - -

BTW thanks for the advice on the fiber kit. I got it and it's awesome. Good way to get my feet wet.

I am finally getting out of the prop collecting. Despite my best efforts to make it fun again it's not so pretty much everything is going, but the Deago will be next to me until I die and I am still hoping the nice folks there will build the Star Destroyer.

Tom

No prob... those AMT Fiber Optic kits were good for one thing... that little drill that came with them. Great for starters in FO. Didn't come with much fiber thou but the Fiber Optic Store online solved that. I still use my little drill all the time... be careful with it thou... those bits break real easy. As for the SD, sorry to hear you had to sell it my friend... I know you were so looking forward to building it. As much as I admire Randy's designs, they aren't very accurate to the movie at all. He throws his own interpretations into it and even thou it looks good, my OCD goes crazy when I see his stuff! But he's defintely a master at the craft! I dunno what I'm gonna do with my DeAgo when I'm done with it... I do know that I plan to make it my Masterpeice... and if ever I do sell it in the future, it's not going without a very good offer and alot of zeros! :) If not, I'm sure I'll be buried with it somehow... maybe have my ashes encased in it and sold to the highest bidder! :) There ya go!

It's all fun and games till this shows up at your doorstep. Ladies and gentlemen, my pack #12.

IMG_2088.JPG

I was absolutely shocked to see everything still in the box - even with the half open flap. The magazines were crunched, but that was about it. Whew.

-Gary

It's all fun and games till this shows up at your doorstep. Ladies and gentlemen, my pack #12.

View attachment 586544

I was absolutely shocked to see everything still in the box - even with the half open flap. The magazines were crunched, but that was about it. Whew.

-Gary

Wow... that really sucks bro... I think the worst I've had so far was one corner was damaged on one shipment, and the folder was damaged once. Other then that, no problems!

Haven't gotten the magazine to go with this parts set yet. I get these from a third party via a trade I made. So I get things out of sequence/in batches, and the magazines are usually lagging by a couple issues.

Hey mate, I'm up to issue 52 and all of mine are still in the packets. I just went and checked and it looks like your missing a small square shaped plate with the 4 holes in it.

i just re-read your first message and you said you got two small rectangular braces. There should be one rectangular and one square. Your picture has one rectangle bracket? Unless I just can't see the other. Must be using my blind third eye.

Last edited:

You should have a 4 hole connector in the little baggie with the two hole. Aside from that you have everything from issue 48.

I have spare 4 hole connectors if you end up being short. :)

I'm sitting here looking at this diagram and wondering... at the landing gear going to move? And where are all the lights gonna be? Port Rear Landing Light?... Landing Gear Switch? Things just keep getting more and more interesting here!

The landing gear doesn't move.

The landing light locations are already molded into the plating, something that's been seen and known about for at least 6 months.

View attachment 586544

-Gary

I would suggest you complain to Deagostini. I received several wrecked packages by UPS, the worst being... Deagostini Model-Space Millennium Falcon Pack No. 8.jpg .
Magazines were damaged, and so were several parts. But obviously Deag listened and eventually changed the shipper in Canada to FedEx and since then I have yet to received a damaged shipment. Now, I won't ship a piece of iron with UPS and neither will my company.
What does UPS stand for? Unusable Package Service. :lol

TazMan2000

I would suggest you complain to Deagostini. I received several wrecked packages by UPS, the worst being... View attachment 586595 .
Magazines were damaged, and so were several parts. But obviously Deag listened and eventually changed the shipper in Canada to FedEx and since then I have yet to received a damaged shipment. Now, I won't ship a piece of iron with UPS and neither will my company.
What does UPS stand for? Unusable Package Service. :lol

TazMan2000

UPS are the worst. They really and truly suck and I wish more companies would stop using them as they might have to stop being so terrible in order to survive.

They've left packages on the street that got stolen (even though it required a singature) shipments have just up and disappeared, never to be seen again, arrived damaged, weeks late, returned to sender without ever attempting delivery... everything you could do wrong as a delivery 'Service' they've done to my shipments in the last few months alone.

Dealing with them is a nightmare and I hate seeing that any orders I've placed have to go through them...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back