Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Don't know if this link has been posted yet but in the article here there are several large pictures that give a decent up-close look at the detail. I noticed a couple of small parts missing in one pic(probably a WIP pic) and in the shot with the Falcon on the wall mount it even has pieces not included on the Master Replicas version that were on the filming miniature(see gun turret). After studying everything that's been available since the reissue I can't identify anything that's "off" enough to make me want to mod it. This thing will get some new paint and that's about it I think. Very awesome!!!

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/fron...e_Millennium_Falcon_Magazine_Model_161865.asp

Chris

After some more study I'm thinking the Falcon on the wall mount might be a Master Replicas. Nonetheless the other images of the Deagostini Falcon look very nice just not well painted. I'm assuming the MR model likely belongs to Steve Dymszo and is in the pic since he is consulting on the project and the Deagostini piece is being based off of it.

With equal paint jobs it looks like the two will be very comparable to one another with only minor differences in detail. The upside is of course the interior on the DF and it's much lighter weight and ability to be mounted in different ways. This is a HUGE plus for me as the MR was way too heavy and fragile. I had a large piece of overhang on a plate just break right off one time from only a slight amount of pressure to it when moving it. Thing tore my nerves up whenever it needed to be moved, lol.

Chris

Last edited:
Nice! I know the ramp moves up and down, but didn't actually realise it is battery operated- this just gets better.

Anyone know if the working lights includes the headlights?

Finally got the camera to work, some direct comparisson shots to show how close it is to the MR.

2015_0110waxwings0001.jpg

2015_0110waxwings0004.jpg

2015_0110waxwings0005.jpg

2015_0110waxwings0006.jpg

2015_0110waxwings0007.jpg

2015_0110waxwings0008.jpg

Last edited:
My kingdom for a Flacon with an interior where the crew lounge is connected to the cockpit! Looking at the blueprints, the cockpit corridor stops before the bend, and the cockpit door is moulded shut :(

I suppose they are using that space for the cockpit lighting.

As a workable interior that has to solve the ship of riddles, I think having a step down from the cockpit corridor to the inner circular corridor and crew lounge makes a lot of sense, as the boarding ramp can be at a sensible angle.

It will be very easy to replace the guns and many parts if you want to. Personally I would look to adapt this to try and match the episode VII Falcon , particularly as this model has the landing gear down option included.
Having discussed the likelyhood the genaral conclusion appears to be that we are unlikely to see any other attempts to bring out an SS MR type fully completed MF, the manufacturing cost these days are simply too high ,particularly now that Chinas cost per man hour wage base has climbed so dramatically over the recent years. And that would make the price point at retail out of reach of most people.
Which is why Lucasfilm and Disney have probably agreed to go with the Deagostini method of building. It’s a good financial model for the majority of interested parties.
If they had stuck with the previous releases level of accuracy and detailing I’d have passed on it. But as my pictures show, apart from a loss of sharper detailing and a slight “flattening” of raised parts it looks very good at the moment and I’m definitely going to subscribe.
As I’ve said the key issue will be the finishing paintwork. That beyond most of the other work will lift the final models appearance substantially.

It will be very easy to replace the guns and many parts if you want to. Personally I would look to adapt this to try and match the episode VII Falcon , particularly as this model has the landing gear down option included.

The only thing is that I think the 32'' Falcon has been retired,....the Episode VII Falcon in all the very few images we've seen is the higher detailed original 5 foot model digitised

They have added more finer details & replaced the dish, but everything is there

I think in a years time when the new film is released this partwork & the Hasbro version will feel like an imitation & will have us yearning for the beefier smuggler ship seen in the cinema....and at this time we'd be halfway through this collection

I'd like to think Disney will have something based on the 5 footer waiting for us,.....Bandai or Hasbro

J

Having discussed the likelyhood the genaral conclusion appears to be that we are unlikely to see any other attempts to bring out an SS MR type fully completed MF, the manufacturing cost these days are simply too high ,particularly now that Chinas cost per man hour wage base has climbed so dramatically over the recent years. And that would make the price point at retail out of reach of most people.
Which is why Lucasfilm and Disney have probably agreed to go with the Deagostini method of building. It’s a good financial model for the majority of interested parties.
If they had stuck with the previous releases level of accuracy and detailing I’d have passed on it. But as my pictures show, apart from a loss of sharper detailing and a slight “flattening” of raised parts it looks very good at the moment and I’m definitely going to subscribe.
As I’ve said the key issue will be the finishing paintwork. That beyond most of the other work will lift the final models appearance substantially.
If hot toys can make a 1/6th scale back to the future car for $689.99 that lights up all over the place, I don't think it's impossible for someone like HOT TOYS to make a falcon. I actually predict (RIGHT HERE) that within the next 5 years we will get such a product from them.

got to say this is a great thread ........

Ive subscribed to this in the UK and I really cant wait to get going, im tempted to try and resist building this as I go and wait for the whole subscription to turn up and then begin the build,will that happen .... I doubt it lol

Well, my wife has pretty much given me the go ahead to get this when it is released in Australia. Now I have to work out what I am doing with my BMF conversion. Do I keep it and get the extra issues for the quad cannons and cockpit/cone or ditch it altogether in favour of this?

BTW does anyone know what issues the cannons and cockpit and cone are being released with?

Well, my wife has pretty much given me the go ahead to get this when it is released in Australia. Now I have to work out what I am doing with my BMF conversion. Do I keep it and get the extra issues for the quad cannons and cockpit/cone or ditch it altogether in favour of this?

BTW does anyone know what issues the cannons and cockpit and cone are being released with?
First mag quad canon and y mount , section of hull, base and back wall of cockpit , see other Image for the preview of next 2 mags

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 157
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 173
I subscribed also. I posted a couple of concerns over on the Deagostini forum, but i get the impression they thought i was trying to make waves, which is simply not the case. I love what they are doing and can't wait to build this model.

Questions to the experts here. The new 'issue one' piece is modeled wrong, and that's no problem, i'm not trying to upset anyone, i just want to know what is correct so i can make adjustments to my CAD.

I added the hull panels to the side as they are missing from the issue one piece (or blended into the hull, which ever you prefer), and also changed the geometry to 90 degree's from a side on point of view.

And my question is....................... Anyone who owns the MR Falcon, what does it measure from one side to the other. From the edge of the issue one piece to what would be the same place on the opposite side. What is that measurement...?

mf_0002.jpg

I only asked because if I decide to keep my Legacy BMF's I'll need 2 x quad guns, all cockpit parts and the cockpit cone for it, lest I pay for resin cast replicas. If issue 1 is sold in Australia at an introductory price then I'll need to get several of them.

First mag quad canon and y mount , section of hull, base and back wall of cockpit , see other Image for the preview of next 2 mags

I only asked because if I decide to keep my Legacy BMF's I'll need 2 x quad guns, all cockpit parts and the cockpit cone for it, lest I pay for resin cast replicas. If issue 1 is sold in Australia at an introductory price then I'll need to get several of them.
I did that for the first magazine anyway , €3.50 so I bought 4 ( every kid we know into Star Wars rebels has got a blueprint poster of the falcon) I'll also keep an eye on the shops as I don't think I have ever seen so many small shops selling it, if they sell off cheap I might grab more,
I think issue 2 price is going to start ramping up , depending on its relevance to the hasbro I'll decide how Many I need. Then after that , if the shops keep getting it I may be able to cherry pick the cooler details if only the take casts of , or in the case of the rectenna use , again depending if the base matches .

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back