Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

LOL I will tell it to my wife and kids and see what their reaction is!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Your the MAN of the house. You tell them this is how it's gonna be and that's that, and if they don't like it they know where the door is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't tell my wife I said that :lol

Tom

Most of the dimensions given in the Chronicles book are off. :(

Yeah but the 32" Falcon is 32" and the 3' Star Destroyer is about that as well. Otherwise the MR Falcon is way, way off.

ILM called the 32" the 2 footer and the 5' the 4 footer due to that being roughly the size of the main saucer section minus the mandibles but I am pretty sure the sizes of these models is well established.

Can't say I have ever heard of a 4' Star Destroyer or a 4' Falcon filming model.

Would be totally cool though.

Tom

the 3' Star Destroyer is about that as well. Otherwise the MR Falcon is way, way off.

Can't say I have ever heard of a 4' Star Destroyer

There's no 3' Star Destroyer, the ANH SD is 4ft it has been proved several times on this board over the years.

Don't believe what you read in the books, kitparts don't lie ! :D

The large ESB falcon is "roughly" 32" long, and the main hull was constructed from 2, 2 foot (24") wide disks and detailed up. so its "roughly" 24" wide.

The ANH SD. I'm not 100% on the length of that. I saw it in person when it was in Philly and just eyeballing it I'd go somewhere between 3 and 4 feet... But I have not done the math or put a ruler against it. I WISH I had brought a tape measure with me when I photographed all the models - but I guess I'm not that smart... Live and Learn. and BTW that sucker is white... don't let anyone tell you different :) The larger one for ESB is noticeably darker in person than the ANH But its still a really light gray... "almost" the same color as the Millenium Falcon.

Just info :)

Peace,
Jedi Dade

The large ESB falcon is "roughly" 32" long, and the main hull was constructed from 2, 2 foot (24") wide disks and detailed up. so its "roughly" 24" wide.

The ANH SD. I'm not 100% on the length of that. I saw it in person when it was in Philly and just eyeballing it I'd go somewhere between 3 and 4 feet... But I have not done the math or put a ruler against it. I WISH I had brought a tape measure with me when I photographed all the models - but I guess I'm not that smart... Live and Learn. and BTW that sucker is white... don't let anyone tell you different :) The larger one for ESB is noticeably darker in person than the ANH But its still a really light gray... "almost" the same color as the Millenium Falcon.

Just info :)

Peace,
Jedi Dade

To add to that, the ESB ISD base coat is also pure white, and I can even give you the brand they used : Zynolyte, it was painted with spraycans, then aged with different shade of grays with an airbrush. It's still very white on several places. I got these informations from Ease Owyeung who painted the original some years ago but I think it's not time to share these infos with everyone else. Sharing is caring. :)

I got photos here of the 5 footer , which it seemed white to me standing next to it also lighting was dim , but the pics turned out alright , it was all incased in glass at the space and rocket museum in Huntsville , Alabama a few years back......HOPE THIS HELPS .......

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=455125&d=1427144203
attachment.php

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=455126&d=1427144203
attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
As soon as I saw it I said, another part needing replaced.

I have cancelled my subscription. This now allows me to pick and choose which issues to buy. This along with the ramp motor issue will be not purchased.

I think it's awesome. Not perfect and of course Tony will provide but I thinks it's totally cool. I like it.

I would love to see someone's finished one under the turret area and window.

Tom

I'm thinking of just repainting the ****ty plastic and placing it as is. I don't think that turret panel is removable once we screw it down, right?

I noticed once I put my cockpit together, unglued but with all stickers applied, you really can't see much in there even when lit.

I am curious how this gunner station will look once painted and installed.

As Deagostini have knowledge of where the turret fits in the whole, finished assembly, care should be taken if your making replacement parts to esnure that they will fit in the finished build. Has there been enough of the model released to base replacement sections like this turret into the whole?

Cheers

Michael

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back