Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Is every pic a spoiler pic? Better not leave your basement for the next 4 months...

While the trailers are not too specific about any plot points, that particular pic probably shows a quite important moment. BB8 seems to have been captured or found by Rey, Jawa-style, so ...
And if I had a basement not stuffed to brim with unnecessary junk, I'd make myself homely down there and not leave until dec 17th. But I guess I'll just pull the interwebs plug ...

I'm sorry... seeing as this is plastered all over the cover of Entertainment Weekly and is at the cash register of every grocery store, I figured everyone has seen it! My apologies!

Here's what's coming up for us State side Falcon builders... just take a look at all this greeblie goodness!

31-32_zpsz3pbrmom.jpg

33-34_zpslhvp2xt7.jpg

Thanks,

That helps me a lot with planning. Release 34 contains a piece of the frame where the ramp is located so we are getting closer to having a complete lower frame.

OK, I think I wanna jump on board of this build. If I join the build at this point, does deagostini just start them from issue 1 for me or will I have to catch up with previous issues?

I just started in June (couldn't pass up the Father's Day special) and they started me at #1. I've heard that you can get the next few months in advance, but I can't confirm this. I was going to call them last week about this but didn't have a chance to.

Okay, so who's already planning out a diorama with this beauty? The Hoth ice hanger? Bespin landing platform? Death Star hanger bay? Someplace new from Ep. 7?

Okay, so who's already planning out a diorama with this beauty? The Hoth ice hanger? Bespin landing platform? Death Star hanger bay? Someplace new from Ep. 7?

One on a mirror base like the MR but with a changeable post for changing the flying angle.

The second one landed. Not sure if just on a nice base or a Diaroma.

I just started in June (couldn't pass up the Father's Day special) and they started me at #1. I've heard that you can get the next few months in advance, but I can't confirm this. I was going to call them last week about this but didn't have a chance to.

Thx, I hoped that was the case. I am still slightly on the fence as I have the hasbro rebels 28" (on it's way) but looking at the number of after-market sets and kitbashing models (well over $1000) to get it looking anything like the deagostini model and that does not include lights, mounting options or interior hold and and such. I love the shape of hasbro as its closer to the 5ft, but this meatal internal structure, wall mount and interiors is quickly winning me over, lol

I'm probably gonna try the Bespin Landing platform... always my favorite shot of the Falcon bathed in orange hues with steam spewing from the vents! Just a massive money shot!

Mine will probably be on the Death Star hanger bay...without walls, and perhaps modified without the octagonal "hole" in the floor under the cockpit.
To keep the dust off it, I will most likely get a acrylic cover manufactured for it.
But I'm open to changing my mind if I see any other ideas float around here. An asteroid base would be another idea.

TazMan2000

At 1:43 scale the DeAg Falcon is close enough to the Bandai 1/48 Snow Speeder and X-Wing to make a really cool Hoth Ice Hanger diorama
!

Last edited:
Finally got my back ordered Issue 29 today!

This issue comes with the cast metal ring that attaches the turret to the rest of the frame. After adding this to the rest of the frame today, I can now say for certain that any doubts about the rigidity of the framework are gone. Holds the shape perfectly. The only thing I have done in addition to the instructions is add Loctite to all of the metal frame screws before assembly.

Finally got my back ordered Issue 29 today!

This issue comes with the cast metal ring that attaches the turret to the rest of the frame. After adding this to the rest of the frame today, I can now say for certain that any doubts about the rigidity of the framework are gone. Holds the shape perfectly. The only thing I have done in addition to the instructions is add Loctite to all of the metal frame screws before assembly.

I thought about using Loctite but then I discovered that I messed up somewhere while putting the frames together and had to unscrew everything... thank goodness I didn't Loctite them.

I thought about using Loctite but then I discovered that I messed up somewhere while putting the frames together and had to unscrew everything... thank goodness I didn't Loctite them.

You could still take it apart if needed. The Loctite is designed to prevent the screws backing off through the effects of vibration etc. It is possible to remove the screws again using only a screwdriver. I use Loctite on my aircraft all the time and it is easy enough to break the bond.

You could still take it apart if needed. The Loctite is designed to prevent the screws backing off through the effects of vibration etc. It is possible to remove the screws again using only a screwdriver. I use Loctite on my aircraft all the time and it is easy enough to break the bond.

Last time I used Loctite on screws these small, when I tried to remove them I ended up striping the heads!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back