Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Disney announces The INCREDIBLES 2.

Over at IGN.COM for the full story

image.jpg

Re: The Incredibles 2

Actually, just saw Craig T in Get Hard, the Will Ferrell/Kevin Hart vehicle. A stinker but CTN looked pretty good considering he's got to be 70 give or take.

This is so long overdue. One of my all time favorite animated movies. Been wanting this to happen since I walked out of the theater for the first movie.

Toy Story 4 and Cars 3? Meh...
Incredibles 2? WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!

The Incredibles 2 (2018)

I am a HUGE fan of the first movie, but am very cautious when it comes to Pixar sequels. Just like in a real love relationship, once you´ve been disappointed you get cautious.

So here comes the teaser trailer for Incredibles II, and it looks like they are continuing where they left off in the first movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The Incredibles 2 (2018)

My, how the mighty have fallen.

If anything about this excites me, it's the thought that there's another Incredibles jazz score from Giacchino.

Re: The Incredibles 2 (2018)

I am a HUGE fan of the first movie, but am very cautious when it comes to Pixar sequels. Just like in a real love relationship, once you´ve been disappointed you get cautious.

So here comes the teaser trailer for Incredibles II, and it looks like they are continuing where they left off in the first movie.

https://youtu.be/xYegycTIKuw

They quite literally are picking up where the last one left off as they've said it begins about 5-10 minutes after the first one ended :)

Man, I love the first movie. The two separate scenes where Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl infiltrate the island are essentially Bond sequences but even better than Bond (I know, blasphemy!). The way they blend sound effects with quiet stretches and music to heighten the action without overwhelming it... it's like Pixar took everything you remember loving about those early Bond movies and synthesized the perfect "mad scientist on an island" scenario.

If ever a movie warranted telling more stories, it's The Incredibles. I'm just sorry it took so long since some of the actors are getting up there in age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzM_-VUKOrw

Last edited:

Can't believe this thread has been created 3 years ago! It sure takes time to make animation nowadays! Crazy, can't wait to see what they'll be doing, I loved the first one!

LOVE the first film, and am looking forward to it.

This teaser didn't get so much as a smile from me. But that doesn't worry me, it's just a teaser.

Production on this one is the shortest time frame in the studio's history. They're balls to the wall over there.

I'm a little more worried now, as snippets that have emerged here and there continue to focus on Jack Jack. And, as I said before, he isn't entertaining to me. At all. It's a personal problem, as babies do nothing for me. I'm sure there are a lot of folks out there that will love him to death, but he just might be the Jar Jar of the film from my own perspective. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm a little more worried now, as snippets that have emerged here and there continue to focus on Jack Jack. And, as I said before, he isn't entertaining to me. At all. It's a personal problem, as babies do nothing for me. I'm sure there are a lot of folks out there that will love him to death, but he just might be the Jar Jar of the film from my own perspective. I hope I'm wrong.

Sounds like there's definitely going to be some focused super baby action. Brad Bird: “The two ideas that were in my head as the first movie was ending were a role switch between Bob and Helen, and showing and exploring Jack-Jack’s powers and making him a main character. Those were in from the beginning and never left the project.”

That doesn't sound too bad. For me, the first movie was so much fun that I'm up for anything they want to try in the sequel.

There's a bunch more general information here (be warned, some of it might be considered spoilerish):

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2018/04/16/the-incredibles-2-in-nine-easy-steps

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back