The Amazing Spider-man 2 - 3D Print Files/Pattern - FREE

Progress is looking wonderful, Ken.

One thing I'd like to add is that I believe (after seeing and hearing a lot of evidence) that the red on this pattern should be much deeper and cooler, certainly moreso than the red on the Raimi pattern. I've spoken to some people that saw the screen used suits in person, that one of the things that they said stood out most was how surprisingly dark the red was.

Most of the references people have been seeing for the suit are either retouched promotional shots, highly lit stills from the film, and full sunlight set photos, which all tend to blow out the color and make the suit look more like a primary red than a deep blood red. Also, red is a portion of the color spectrum that tends to overload sensors on many digital cameras and register as a lot hotter in color temperature than it actually is. The result is that most photos people share of the suit have it look like a bright primary red, though not because the suit IS a bright primary red.

Here, below are some of my favorite images that give credence to the color disparity.
In the first and second image, the film suit is shown with a bright primary red fabric right up next to it, which serves to anchor the red spectrum and plainly show just how much darker the suit color is than a standard "out of the bottle" red. The first picture has the outfit of the kid on his shoulders, while the second has a piece of red fabric (probably a kid's mask) in his hand.

http://i.imgur.com/qipPNhg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NHRs0lt.jpg

The third photo is a set photo, but one that was taken with ambient natural light instead of in direct sunlight like most set photos (which usually blows out the color).

http://i.imgur.com/tF8LXW9.jpg

You can also get a sense of the deep color in this video where William Spencer met a fan on the set.
Justin and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Rochester NY - YouTube

It's a little tough to nail the color because the suit was printed on a thick, slightly shiny/reflective red lycra, so it takes on a bit of the color of the surrounding light conditions. You can also see the depth of the red color in the comic con panel video, where the suit looks nearly burgundy.
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Comic Con 2013 Panel - Andrew Garfield, Jamie Foxx - YouTube

Thanks! Thats a VERY good point. Value is definitely darker and the color cooler than where it is now. Once I get everything together in one file I'll start adjusting colors etc...it's nice to be able to make those adjustments with the webs, etc in there...

Great reference shots!.. thanks again.

- - - Updated - - -

Also,

Shoe sole files going up soon.
soleRender.jpg

Wow that looks so good! Would you be putting up the costume and face-shell 3d file for free download? because id be curious to see how much it would be to sent to a place to get printed.

cant ait fo the webshooter and sole files :) can anywhere print in rubber for the soles then?
amazing work man

Flexible filament is starting to gain popularity. I know Lulzbot now offers a flexible filament, check to see and also see what others offer it. I saw a video of a shoe sole or sandal or something being printed with it, and it looked pretty cool.

Ok, 1st version of ASM2 Pattern is now available.

This time I am going to only upload a layered .psd file. If you want it without webs, muscles, etc. just turn off the layer.
*Also note "thanks for the reminder The New Blood", I work in RGB and use CMYK preview to save space on this huge file. When you save out this file for print you will have to change things to CMYK before you upload. **Also thanks to Lunaman for the great color reference and venomvsspidey11 for the great web-shooter ref.

enjoy!

Last edited:
Ok, 1st version of ASM2 Pattern is now available.

This time I am going to only upload a layered .psd file. If you want it without webs, muscles, etc. just turn off the layer.
**Also note, I work in RGB and use CMYK preview to save space on this huge file. When you save out this file for print you will have to change things to CMYK before you upload.

enjoy!

:eek OOo_Ooo Amazing work!!
for me you are a Big!
one thing, i have many experience with the print on lycra, and the effect of the color depends from type of lycra. (matt or glossy)

For me this red is too dark...when i'll take the file i'll try change and i'll print a sample with my company, not FOD, and i'll post the pics!

bye!!

:eek OOo_Ooo Amazing work!!
for me you are a Big!
one thing, i have many experience with the print on lycra, and the effect of the color depends from type of lycra. (matt or glossy)

For me this red is too dark...when i'll take the file i'll try change and i'll print a sample with my company, not FOD, and i'll post the pics!

bye!!

I agree, but with out seeing a test print first, I would just be guessing (as I am now)...

The pattern is incredible Kenlandrum!
I'll try and play around with it to print it out and try to make a battle damaged version!
In my opinion the colors don't look half bad and are similar to those of my darker red Orhardar pattern so that may be a plus side!
Just don't rely too much on my color appreciation since I have daltonism though I really like these colors anyway.
Amazing work and wish you the best of luck in your other projects! This is really a great place for any beginner to start with and they'll practically go from 0-60 in almost nothing!

-Equinox

A fantastic creation, but since it is a file with layers you can give free rein to our imagination to decipher Directory to reach the right colors, the fact remains that kenlandrum is a great person and he should follow the example of many other people!
Thank you for your great courage you have shown to all!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back