Uruk Hai general helmet - weathered - nearly done

Blaxmyth

Sr Member
This is based on the pep file in my thread http://www.therpf.com/f24/uruk-hai-berserker-pep-file-free-download-184831/. It's loosely based on the 1/4 scale helmet that Weta released. The crest and side plates are mild steel, pop rivetted on, with epoxy rivet heads added. Weathering is with watered-down acrylics and poster paint.

Thinking that I need to rub some grease over the surface next, just to help soften edges of the rust stains - generally scunge it up some more and add a bit of slobbery shininess around the snout area.

Uruk General after weathering (1).JPG Uruk General after weathering (2).JPG Uruk General after weathering (3).JPG
Uruk General after weathering (4).JPG Uruk General after weathering (5).JPG Uruk General after weathering (6).JPG

I love it! Looks so authentic... especially the rust pool and grime. It definitely has a forged-iron look! Bravo.

-Magnoli

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back