Star Lord helmet AND accessories!!! by Helagak!

Star lord helmet.jpgHey all, I just finished my helmet (in cardstock, gonna work on reinforcing it ASAP) and I'm wondering about how to put it on? I'm thinking about cutting it along the curve that runs over the top of the side panel down the back and then putting a second layer of foam or something underneath with velcro. Again, I'm not sure. I need to figure something out before I can go into the reinforcing stage.

Hey all, I just finished my helmet (in cardstock, gonna work on reinforcing it ASAP) and I'm wondering about how to put it on? I'm thinking about cutting it along the curve that runs over the top of the side panel down the back and then putting a second layer of foam or something underneath with velcro. Again, I'm not sure. I need to figure something out before I can go into the reinforcing stage.

Hi,
Yeah you seem to have the right idea. Most models i've seen have split it along the curved section and down behind the ear. I've done this with my own and am using magnets to secure it. Velcro would have more or less the same effect.

I got my first part (the eyes) 3d printed at the local makerspace

04a27e9e718baf152567e09fa77d0b28.jpg

The next part is being printed as we speak,Now since I print at the makerspace I have to wait until Monday to get my part they are closed in the weekend ( why! WHY!!!! WHYYYYYY!)

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Hey all! I forgot to update, but I FINISHED THE COSPLAY. Here are the pics, and I'll explain them as I go. I stuck them under a spoiler because this is a crazy pic heavy post. No Spoilers, but warning if you're not ready for the like 20 photos under the break.:
spackle stage.jpg
Because it was winter, I went with fumeless methods of hardening the pep. I tried EVERYTHING: spackle, patching plaster, Rock Hard, and wood filler. I sanded forever!
foam stage.jpg
there were a couple parts that, even after sanding, refused to be smooth. Those parts I remade from foam. I lined the helmet with craft foam and upholstery foam for padding at this point.
silver stage.jpg
Eventually, I got to a point where I felt okay with the finish. I plastidipped the entire thing, then painted it with Rustoleum hammered pewter.
lights.jpg
LIGHTS! The eye pieces were a 5 step process XD. I made circles from apoxie sculpt and then mounted round red lenses from a pair of Lennon glasses. The LED's are half of a 2 set pack I bought on amazon for like $5 dollars. and across the lenses, I placed window film (spidey lenses) that I painted red (with acrylic, like the cheapskate that I am). I then mounted the lenses and the LED set in the helmet, with the battery pack and switch easily accessible on the left hand side.
paint.jpg
I did the painting with Testors Enamels. BY HAND. IN MARCH. I had been banned from using paint anywhere near the basement where my parents and I sleep (understandably, even though I HAVE A MASK. DON'T GET ON ME FOR THAT) so I worked up stairs, with my windows open and the fan on. Absolutely freezing my butt off, but the fumes cleared out IMMEDIATELY.
side view.jpg
The finished helmet! viewed from the side. This is the closest I currently have to a detail shot. I may build a light box and shoot it that way. I haven't gone for it yet. The back is attached by velcro, but it isn't really used. I just slip the thing on. I didn;t know if I'd be able to, but it worked for the weekend. I may just take it out and seal it back together. (even though I bruised my forehead from taking it on and off every time I had to take a photo.)
gun progress.jpg
All the photos of the guns put into one shot. I was pressed for time and had 2 costumes to finish for the con, so I went with the Rubies guns. I primed them, then painted with enamels. Top right is unweathered. I then went over it with shoe polish. I did the heat scarring with a scrap of upholstery foam. The next photo is for detail.sorry for the small size.
finished blaster.jpg
pauldron.jpg
The shoulder armor is craft foam, heat sealed and backed with fabric using heat N bond, then coated in mod podge. I painted both parts with acrylics, then sealed AGAIN with Mod Podge.
IMG_3907.jpg
AND FINALLY. the finished costume. I also made the bag and an orb, but I don't have decent photos of them/ I want to remake all the detailing on the bag. The coat was one I bought on e-Bay. It was $40, and light tan, but it was real leather. The tails were done using Heat N Bond (because sewing leather takes way too long by hand and I didn't want to destroy my machine. It also looks way better than sewing would have in my opinion. I took Red DesignMaster Colortool and sprayed the whole thing, then at the bottom and the cuffs I sprayed with Burgundy colortool. This thing felt AWESOME, it didn't crack at all (take that doubters) and due to a semi-splotchy application from the spray, it has a beautiful weathered look. The way the bag clips over it is so comfortable and easy to remove. All in all, This is my favorite cosplay to date.

Attachments

• weathering.jpg
    weathering.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 516
Hello,

First thank you for all it's an amazing job

Just one question. I would to print my own but i don't really understand if i need to scale or not a file cause on the first page it's wrote "Scale all pieces by 0.8823529412 " and on some files name it's wrote "scaled oriented" or "scale 49.5 oriented" and sometime nothing. Could you light me up ?

Sorry for resurrecting a dead thread but i've been looking for an answer to this for a while. I recently finished my foam helmet, partially based on the files here. have people found a good solution for the tubing and connections on each cheek?

I'm having trouble finding a nice simple solution for the little connections at each end of the tubes. they're quite distinctive and since they should be identical i'd rather find something i could re-purpose rather make them from scratch.

a few pictures taken so far:

IMG_2410.JPGIMG_2417.JPG
IMG_2422.JPGIMG_2428.JPGIMG_2440.JPGIMG_2442.JPGIMG_2443.JPGIMG_2445.JPG

Sorry for resurrecting a dead thread but i've been looking for an answer to this for a while. I recently finished my foam helmet, partially based on the files here. have people found a good solution for the tubing and connections on each cheek?

I'm having trouble finding a nice simple solution for the little connections at each end of the tubes. they're quite distinctive and since they should be identical i'd rather find something i could re-purpose rather make them from scratch.

I used aluminum wire inside small clear rubber tube. I can take pics if you want, but it's pretty simple and self-explanatory and it's not 100% perfect but it looks good.

I used aluminum wire inside small clear rubber tube. I can take pics if you want, but it's pretty simple and self-explanatory and it's not 100% perfect but it looks good.

Thanks for the quick answer. I didn't quite make myself clear though I think. What about the little connectors on each end of those cylinders? They're like the 90 degree elbows that curve the pipes back into the mask.
Maybe that is what you mean. The pics might help.

Hi Just wondering is the StarLord Blaster model in mm, cm or Inches for the measurements.

Also Thank you so much for the work on this

S

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back