Paint pens for chrome

Shmwe Shmwe

Hey RPF-ers!i was wondering if any of you fine people could recommend any paint pens that'll work on chrome after its been sealed? Is it even possibly or is the chrome just to slick?Thanks in advance chaps!

So I've been told that sanding down the chrome will allow it to be painted on, but I have a few more questions you guys could help me with.

1: The material being chromed is a urethane plastic, will sanding go straight through the chrome and destroy the prop?

2: Does sanding the chrome remove it? The design uses the chrome is negative space and is to detailed to sand just where the paint will be applied.

3: Some of these paint pens (Decoart pens to be exact) are designed for metal, glass, ceramics or mirrors, will any of these stick to chrome without sanding it first and stay there or will they simply rub off?

Thank you so so much for any reply, mid way through trying to sort out the final details of this project and moving, so a bit stressed and knowing if this would work or not (if not going to a back up plan) would make my life so much easier! :D

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back