Chinese Iron Man glove?

ShaunDark80

Has anyone seen this on ebay?

glove.jpg

Looks pretty good for £20. Even if it's just used for the fingers. I'm hoping there's a matching left glove out there somewhere.

Apparently they're awful from people I know that have got them.
Also, they have no interest in producing a left as someone contacted then directly.

Looks about as comfortable as wearing a rubber glove all day could possibly be. Imagine how sweaty your hand would get...odd they are only making the right hand. Just plain weird.

The single glove is from the final fight in IM1.
Tony only had his right glove, he had tossed the left away. :wacko

There are subtle differences between the wall light and theirs, for instance the ribs between the fingers are smaller and more tightly placed.
Has anyone splashed out and can tell us a bit more?

Edit: Surely you could wear a glove under the rubber to reduce sweatyness?

Last edited:
I've ordered two, with the intention of using the fingers with a 3d printed palm.

i also ordered some fabric MK7 gloves to wear under these.

ShaunDark80 , let me know how they work out, i'm interested to use the fingers myself. Could you also tell us some of the dimensions? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
2014-03-24 12.11.47.jpg2014-03-24 12.13.55.jpg2014-03-24 12.22.27.jpg2014-03-24 12.11.36.jpg

Hi All

Two gloves just arrived. I think they look quite nice, but as wearable gloves are pretty useless. The first pick shows the maximum range of movement.

They do fit quite nicely though (I normally take a large glove), and I hope to combine they with some 3D printed parts to make a working glove.

Attachments

• 2014-03-24 12.11.40.jpg
    2014-03-24 12.11.40.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 307
They look pretty cool!!!

- Can they be painted?
- How much they cost?
- What about their exact sizes?

The oinly idea I have at the moment is to cut them into pieces, removing the rubber between the finger pieces and then glue everything back on a fabric glove. I would use the rest of the glove to make some patterns for an accurate and easy foam reproduction.

I did something similar with my iron patriot glove and it works like a charm. In terms of movement it feels even better than a ski-glove. There's a thread about this technique somewhere here in the forum. It's probably called "easy hands by....".

What about cutting the upper join between the finger parts? (blue lines on pic)
Surely that would allow you to move freely?
Only thing you then have to think about how to ensure the slit does not rip any further. You could cut all the way around, and then glue the lower (ribbed) section back together, at least then it's quite likely the glue will give before the material does.

thoughts?
cut here.png

I have one of these... measured it up against the studio model and it was just about on the money.

Well.....so sorry for necroposting but since now they sell these guys in pairs for 30 euros, I'd like to get one.

I've seen a youtube video but it's not very well detailed. My hand is 19cm long from the wrist to middle finger. Judging from what I see int he picture they sould fit.

Have you ever tried to wear them with a thin fabric glove on?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back