Supplies in the UK

blueunit1701

Hi guys, just wondering if any of you could help me.

I really want to start a Batman cowl after seeing some great work on here.

The problem I face is where to get supplies in the UK, everything seems so excess-able over in America.

Any ideas people - please help out a bat freak :)

Everything you need for sculpting and moulding is available in this country.

Consider these as well;

Fibreglass for mould jackets etc;
Delta Resins Ltd, Stockport
DELTA RESINS: FORMULATORS AND SUPPLIERS OF EXPOXY, POLYURETHANE AND POLYESTER RESIN

Probably the oldest sculpting equipment supplier in the country;
Sculptors' Tools, Materials & Studio Equipment

AXSON UK; Resins and silicones
Axson : Home

Alchemie Ltd; Resins and silicones
Alchemie Limited | Manufacturers of Epoxy & Polyurethane Resin Adhesives

4D Modelshop; Resins, silicones and tools
4DModelShop

Fred Aldous, craft supplies based in Manchester
Which type of clay - Fred Aldous

If you need any polystyrene to sculpt clay over (to save material) drop me a PM and I'll let you have some.

Can get them all mate ( I'm from Sheffield. I live in Thailand now) , bought my ( black) Urethane from a guy in Manchester. I used it to make a Batman cowl,Sorry i don't have his address here, but i bet it's somewhere in my emails. will dig it out and send you

Rubber Johnny,
I think you've mixed up two different products.
The product you've linked to is a high quality polyethylene soft foam used in equipment cases etc, whereas Sintra (known in the UK as Foamex, Foam PVC or Foamalite) is a solid skin PVC sheet with a lightweight 'foamed' core.
Both are great materials and I use them all the time.

Rubber Johnny,
I think you've mixed up two different products.
The product you've linked to is a high quality polyethylene soft foam used in equipment cases etc, whereas Sintra (known in the UK as Foamex, Foam PVC or Foamalite) is a solid skin PVC sheet with a lightweight 'foamed' core.
Both are great materials and I use them all the time.

Ah, thanks for the info! Glad you posted this before I bought some! :p

Hindleys.co.uk is a good store for most materials and they have a good delivery charge.

Poundland are selling Evostick contact adhesive. It's great stuff, I put the kitchen blinds up with it (2-3sqinch total coverage) and they're still up.

Family Bargains are selling large bodyfiller tubs for £4.99, 8x4 foot EVA mats for £19.99.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back