Judge Dredd Badge - Comic Style

Artshot

In an attempt to teach myself Sketchup, i thought i would choose a design i always liked which i thought would be a challenge........yup, definetly a challenge, especially when i then had a try at sorting out the errors for getting it ready for 3d printing, still not got round to getting it printed yet.

Once i understood what was going to create an error i found it easier to just rebuild it, lets just say "components", there your friend with Sketchup.

Anyway, here's a screen grab of the finished badge, hopefully 1:1 scale.

ofcourse theres a good chance you will not see the image as i have never used photobucket before.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s288/Artshot1968/Mobile Uploads/image_zps62a1b5c9.jpg

Artshot

I based a few of the dimensions from a really horrible recast of one of those i bought from Ebay.
I also bought a limited edition Planet Replicas Dredd in San Diego last year, its finished in a dull effect not the bright gold, i think it's number 13 :)

i confirmed a few dimensions using that and tidied up a few fuzzy areas, the problem i see is that a lot of sizes are based on a curved badge, something i could not manage with Sketchup to any satisfaction, i figured if i got a Shapeways print i would just apply a little heat and curve it by hand.

I want to make a "PSI" Anderson badge but finding decent reference is a pain.

I'd love to see that in a 3d print !

What size did you end up with ? I'm working on sculpting one with dimensions of 125mm x 140mm, with not a lot of curvature, 10mm rise from edges to center. This is bigger than the replicas I've seen but is an esthetically pleasing size. I personally like the style with more curvature of the feathers around the edges.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back