Romita Sr. Spider-man WIP

Alfoe92

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys, I've been thinking of making a Spider-man costume forever, and have finally started to go through with it. I decided to make it myself as a) I don't have 600 dollars. b) I want to proudly say "I made it." and c) So I can have it exactly like I want.

I love the new ASM2 suit, but everyone's making it, and I wanted something a little different, so I decided to go with my favourite design. John Romita Sr.

JohnRomitaSr-OriginalColorSpider-ManDrawing.jpg

I love everything about this design... the eyes, the colors the body type. This is Spider-man to me.

I Started with Sonjou's muscle base, and created this.

SP.jpg

I ordered some Ditko lenses from Tjack, and they are superb. I will alter them slightly to fit the Romita Sr. look.

I will use a urethane spider for the front, mainly because I wanted the insignia to ride nice and high on the chest, where the dart is. And also, to make it stand out more, and give some consistency with the 3D frames.

Bruce Cameron from Brulafu disguises printed my file for me, and this is what it looks like on fabric. I wanted to go else where other than FOD as I am in the UK, an delivery and custom charges would be killer. Bruce was very helpful and I couldn't recommend him more, he's a top guy.

PRINT.jpg

Should have it within a couple of weeks, and then I'll sew it up and add the frames, spider and lenses.

'Nuff said!

Attachments

• SP.jpg
    SP.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 5,638
Thanks MrBibou!

Received the print today, will upload some pics later tonight. Sewing starts on Friday.

Thanks! Unfortunately, me and my GF have both been very busy, so we haven't had a chance to get this sewn up yet, which is a bummer. I'll update the threat with pics as soon as we start the sewing process.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back