C2E2 2014 - April 25-27 Chicago

infymys

Sr Member
Surprised that no one has started a thread for this as the convention is coming up in a little over 2 months.

Chicago's Pop Culture Event - C2E2 - Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo - April 25-27, 2014

April 25-27 in the South Building at McCormick Place just outside of downtown Chicago. Guest list is getting bigger and bigger each day and of course, Stan Lee will be the one of the highlights among them.

I'll be there for the Saturday only cause of time and budget constraints since I'm going to another convention that's literally 3 weeks after C2E2. As for cosplay, I'll probably be bringing my Hakumen from BlazBlue if I can get it done in time.

So the big question is, who here is going as well? And if there's enough of you, perhaps a brief meetup can happen.

Last edited:
Re: C2E2 2014 - Chicago

I won't be there. Alas. I would love to go. However, my friends have a table there! Look for Geeks With Scissors and tell them that Misty told you to check them out. :) You won't be sorry.

I will also be at c2e2, hope there will be enough people for a brief meetup! I don't know nearly enough people in Chicago who likes to attend conventions and cosplay. I'll also be sure to look for your friends' table, too, mistymills--awesome!

I will be there. I am part of the Thundercats photoshoot at 400pm on Saturday. If anyone coming out can put together a Tygra, Lion-o, or Panthro you would be most welcome.

Thanks for posting this, I'd like to check out my 1st con, is this a place I can take my daughter? I've hear some cons (Dragoncon?) aren't that kid friendly.

Thanks for posting this, I'd like to check out my 1st con, is this a place I can take my daughter? I've hear some cons (Dragoncon?) aren't that kid friendly.

I would consider C2E2 a family friendly convention. This is the fifth year of the convention and it's gotten extremely HUGE. Over 50k in attendance last year and I would probably guess that the number would exceed 60k this year. So keep in mind that with that many people, there may be the occasional ****** in attendance but overall it's always been a very good experience from the times that I have gone.

I would consider C2E2 a family friendly convention. This is the fifth year of the convention and it's gotten extremely HUGE. Over 50k in attendance last year and I would probably guess that the number would exceed 60k this year. So keep in mind that with that many people, there may be the occasional ****** in attendance but overall it's always been a very good experience from the times that I have gone.
Awesome! It might be just my wife and I for fri/sat and bring our daughter for kids day on Sunday. :lol just when I got out of costume building mode, looks like I have to get a few more together. :cool:thumbsup

Awesome! It might be just my wife and I for fri/sat and bring our daughter for kids day on Sunday. :lol just when I got out of costume building mode, looks like I have to get a few more together. :cool:thumbsup

Sunday at c2e2 is definitely a good day to bring the kids. I second what infymys said--it will definitely be a good time.

Just a reminder to anybody going or thinking of going. Today is the last day to order tickets online and have them mailed to you. Otherwise, you will have to pick them up at will call or buy them during the days of the con.

There's also the rumor that SyFy will be there filming for season 2 of Heroes of Cosplay since Yaya Han will be one of the judges for the cosplay contest and because of the grand prize being so large.

I'll be there all three days, as a female Joker. I've been going to C2E2 since the con's inception, and it's amazing how huge it's become.

I'll be there as well. If you see a 6'-7" tall, dark haired fellow in a Sheldon shirt....say hi!

I'd also love to join an RPF meet up. Is this on the books yet?

-Ss

How come more prop makers don't sell their wares at cons? Is there a legal issue?
I would guess there are copyright issues, if you aren't licensed to sell a concept somebody else has created and marketed. I'm willing to bet there is also some steep overhead involved in setting up a booth at a large con. I've only been to one con (Gen-con 06 ) and there seemed to be tons of weapons and armor for sale, but I don't recall seeing things from specific movies or TV shows.

I'll be there as well. If you see a 6'-7" tall, dark haired fellow in a Sheldon shirt....say hi!

I'd also love to join an RPF meet up. Is this on the books yet?

-Ss

I don't think so...but if one is set up, it should probably be done around the photoshoots schedule:

(from the facebook page):

group page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/327537647359764/?fref=ts

general schedule: https://www.facebook.com/notes/c2e2-2014-photoshoots/photoshoot-schedule/327538304026365

specific group schedules: https://www.facebook.com/groups/327537647359764/files/

Show floor map is on live: http://c2e214.mapyourshow.com/5_0/floorplans/index.cfm#mappage

And of course, the mobile app is also available: http://guidebook.com/app/C2E2Mobile/?isredirect=1. Here's the QR code:

c2e2-mobile-4-website-3-19.png

As for a meet up, there haven't been many responses to the thread, so I doubt a formal one will happen. But, if you see me there, I'll be there Saturday dressed as Hakumen from BlazBlue. Don't be afraid to say hi!

I will be there with part of my Mark 17 iron man build. I will have a booth with my company Zero Point 3D. We have the ability to 3D scan anyone and turn them into their own mini figure with a color 3D printer. It is a really cool way to immortalize yourself and your cosplay. (we will be at booth 819) anyone going should stop by and get a free 3d scan. Here are some pictures of some people we have scanned at previous cons. We are also looking for some volunteers to help run our booth. (we are offering a badge to the show in exchange for helping) anyone interested in helping can PM me.
snowtrooper.pngthumbnail2.pngthumbnail3.pngthumbnail8.png

I'm super excited about attending this year! We're driving up from Nashville and will be bringing some Marvel stuff, Star Trek TNG, and BSG.

OK, I am blowing off my step-grandma's funeral to attend. Ya think I might get some grief?
I will be Han Solo part of the time, but mostly USCM with the AliensLegacy booth.

Attachments

• C2E2 011.JPG
    C2E2 011.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 103
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back