Starlord's sony walkmen? guardian of the galaxy?

Walkman in Guardians of the Galaxy type?

Anyone know what the brand or model # was on the Walkman used in Guardians was?

Thanks

Re: Walkman in Guardians of the Galaxy type?

Good luck finding one! It's a collectible among audiophiles that can fetch up to $600

Guardians Of The Galaxy: What Model Sony Walkman Does Quinn Use?

Lookin' for the model number on the Sony Walkman in the film. SOMEONE has to know. Thanks, folks!

Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy: What Model Sony Walkman Does Quinn Use?

It's been discussed here a lot actually. It's a collectors item, so you'll be hard pressed to find one at a decent price

I was doing some research on the TPS-L2, and found something interesting at Walkman Central:

http://www.walkmancentral.com/products/tps-l2 The TPS-L2 used the basic case and mechanical parts of the TCM-600 cassette recorder. The only change to the mechanical parts was the fitment of a stereo tape head and the removal of the record key, erase protection lever, erase head and tape counter.

TCM-600, TPS-L2 (w/o Walkman Branding), TPS-L2 (w/ Walkman Branding)

sony-pressman-tcm600-&-tps-l2-2.jpg

Turns out the TCM-600 is found a whole lot cheaper than the TPS-L2, I managed to pick one up on ebay for thirty bucks with shipping today. It isn't an exact match because of the different buttons and a few other small cosmetics, but it's as close as I'm gonna get without dropping a few hundred dollars.

It's also good to know that the TPS-L2 had two different styles, with and without the Walkman logo, and different placement of the SONY logo and extra text.
The cassette player used in the movie is the one WITH the Walkman logo.

1280px-Star-LordWalkman.jpg

So, once I recieve my TCM-600, I plan on modifying it, filling in the small readout section on the top left, repainting the one side, possibly with one of the blue/grey Testors metal flake sprays, and I'm going to have some vinyl or waterslide decals made at a local decal shop of the Walkman and Sony logos to apply after the modifications.

So far, this is the best original Walkman logo artwork I can find, would anybody possibly be able to clean it up a bit?

Walkman_19_logo.jpg

I'm also working on tracking down the correct and/or close enough cassettes used for The Awesome Mix Vol. 1 tapes.

mixtape-starlord-s-awesome-mix-tape-vol-1-you-can-order-now.jpg

The tape itself is obviously a transparent grey plastic, but I noted a few defining marks, between the two reels are a few white ovals, peeking out from under the tape label in the top middle is what looks like the bottom of some sort of logo, and there's also a series of distinctive ridges along the bottom part of the cassette, I wonder if we can track down the exact make and model?

I'll keep you fine folks posted and let you know of any more developments, take care!

Attachments

• tps-l2-walkman.gif
    tps-l2-walkman.gif
    832 bytes · Views: 7,057
Last edited:
Have any photos surfaced from the GotG prop displays that show what the belt clip looks like? The original Walkman didn't have one (only on the leather case which wasn't used) so they must have added one for the production. Quill is shown clipping it to his belt in the film.

Have any photos surfaced from the GotG prop displays that show what the belt clip looks like? The original Walkman didn't have one (only on the leather case which wasn't used) so they must have added one for the production. Quill is shown clipping it to his belt in the film.

I was wondering the same thing. Any pics of the back of the Walkman out there?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back