Starlord's sony walkmen? guardian of the galaxy?

Painted mine then found a guy with a dremel who cut out the window for me and a few other holes for the mp3 player. So had to redo the paint, that meant sanding off what was already on there and now my drinkman is scratched to heck. Any suggestions on how to make it smooth again? Currently trying some wet sand paper...

Any suggestions on getting the arrow and drinkman text silver? i tried painting with the finest brush I could find and disaster! Need to spray it all blue again :(

Any suggestions on getting the arrow and drinkman text silver? i tried painting with the finest brush I could find and disaster! Need to spray it all blue again :(
Take painters tape and cover the arrow. Take some medium sandpaper and sand the arrow. This will expose the arrow but leave the rest of the tape intact. Paint liberally. Let dry then remove the tape!

Have had a read through maybe I missed it but there is a replica of the tape in hmv limited edition it has all the songs from the film on which is an added bonus :) not exact but great for costume none the less :)
DSC_0102.jpg

Last edited:
This person on etsy is back selling them. He asked me where I heard about him. I said RPF, hopefully not to be confused with the Rawanda...
Gonna slap them bad boys on a *hic* drinkman
it's ashameno one makes the full blue decals that we could attatch to the drinkman

I don't know if y'all know but I put this up on shapeways in case no one wants to shell out a bunch of cash for an original.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    516 KB · Views: 141
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 117
Just got my Walkman back from getting repaired. I now have a working unit, and only have about $300.00 total in it.. WOOHOO!! :p

Now to get the soundtrack copied to my cassette and find a pair of MDR-5A headphones..

Attachments

• IMG_1857.JPG
    IMG_1857.JPG
    338.8 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1856.JPG
    IMG_1856.JPG
    402 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1854.JPG
    IMG_1854.JPG
    337.3 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1852.JPG
    IMG_1852.JPG
    418.8 KB · Views: 146
After some diligent hunting I found a pair of Sony MDR-5, very similar to the MDR-5a! Just wanted to share a few pics:

20150208_001954.jpg

20150208_001418.jpg

20150207_232014.jpg

do the genuine walkmans (walkmen?) look easy to dismantle?

I'm thinking of getting hold of one and gutting it to fit my iphone in it. Ill just replace the electronics with some foam to hold the iphone in place. Ill also stick an image of the cassette to the inside of the window to make it look like the cassette is in there. I'm mainly doing this just as something to go running with.

edit:

infact here is an image of a similar project on instructables. (http://www.instructables.com/id/Walkman-Ipod-Case-DIY/step3/One-safe-and-sound-iPod/)

FV83WU4GBB7H3IS.MEDIUM.jpg

This walkman is held together by the inside guts. You would have to take the shell off and make an inside box to put the shell back over. There are two to three pieces that would screw into the inside box.

do the genuine walkmans (walkmen?) look easy to dismantle?

I'm thinking of getting hold of one and gutting it to fit my iphone in it. Ill just replace the electronics with some foam to hold the iphone in place. Ill also stick an image of the cassette to the inside of the window to make it look like the cassette is in there. I'm mainly doing this just as something to go running with.

edit:

infact here is an image of a similar project on instructables. (http://www.instructables.com/id/Walkman-Ipod-Case-DIY/step3/One-safe-and-sound-iPod/)

View attachment 437654
Considering what they're worth I'm not sure this is the best idea. If you want to go that route just get a drinkman and modify it.

Just snaked a real working original tps-l2 off eBay for a real steal and was wondering where people had luck finding the mdr style silver/orange headphones to match?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here I got a great deal on my TPS, But forget a MDR 5a headphones and if you do find them there going to cost.. replica is about the only way to go..

Just got my tps-l2! It plays like a dream and just pressing the awesome mix into the walkman gives you a starlord feeling! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424999377.315991.jpg

The eBay seller I bought from did a tremendous job restoring it and having the belts switched. I have zero restoration to do on it.

Now on to the headphones.

If anyone is interested in getting a copy of awesome mix 1 and 2 on an a/b side tape, contact seller cosplayincorporated on etsy. The awesome mix 2 is speculative, less the first track, ain't no mountain high enough, but the selection is as eclectic as the soundtrack to the actual movie.

eBay seems to be the only route at vintage mdr- style headphones. They pop up every now and then, but I can't find any anywhere else. If anyone gets any leads on vintage pairs, please post!

Last edited:
Hah, more like "if you want one right now without having to go through all the effort to make one yourself or convert the tracks, you can find it here on a legitimate merchant website." But your version is simpler. Although, if you wanted "pirated music" buying a set of cassette tape songs from the 1970s probably wouldn't be the best way to go about it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back