Starlord's sony walkmen? guardian of the galaxy?

WOOHOO!!!

Just scored a TPS-L2 on eBay for about $150. Seller indicates it *may* be non-functional (and I've been on eBay long enough to just translate that to *is non-functional*), but even if I can't repair it, I've got a semi-screen-accurate prop. Needs the "Walkman" branding to be perfect, isn't there someone on Etsy with decals for them?

I still need headphones and a tape, and if I can get the player working, I'll have to get my old cassette deck out of the attic and record Awesome Mix Vol. 1 off my iPod.

Last edited:
I have a WM-3 but decided not to modify it. I can't believe the price of these at the moment have gone through the roof. In June you could easily pick one up for the 60 - 75 range. WM-3's were around 20 - 50 depending on if they worked and condition. I think I will go the drinkman route. I believe it is a bit undersized but should work nice for costuming.

Yea same here. I fixed the issue with one of the belts and thing performs perfectly. Never imagined it'd sound so good after 30+ years. Currently waiting to make custom cassettes...already have Drowning Pool on one lol

WOOHOO!!!

Just scored a TPS-L2 on eBay for about $150. Seller indicates it *may* be non-functional (and I've been on eBay long enough to just translate that to *is non-functional*), but even if I can't repair it, I've got a semi-screen-accurate prop. Needs the "Walkman" branding to be perfect, isn't there someone on Etsy with decals for them?

I still need headphones and a tape, and if I can get the player working, I'll have to get my old cassette deck out of the attic and record Awesome Mix Vol. 1 off my iPod.

You can buy them here https://www.etsy.com/listing/201420542/sony-walkman-tps-l2-decals? $3.00 + $3.00 shipping

Thanks Vertigo. I actually found that guy again yesterday by searching my browser history...the listing sold "Sold Out" but I sent him a message and he relisted it.

Anyone else wanting the decals, order while you still can!

Last edited by a moderator:
This person on etsy is back selling them. He asked me where I heard about him. I said RPF, hopefully not to be confused with the Rawanda...
Gonna slap them bad boys on a *hic* drinkman

He's an RPFer as well, so I'm sure he didn't think Rwanda. ;) I'm thinking of going the Drinkman route too, though I would *really* like to be able to fit my phone into it (and have it accessible so I can play the Awesome Mix from it). I'm still looking at options (Drinkman, buy one of the 3D prints from the Junkyard, build my own somehow), but I will probably buy those decals no matter what I end up choosing!

Why wouldn't you be able to fit your phone in it? Just remove the flask inside, put your phone in it, and then play it over headphones.

Why wouldn't you be able to fit your phone in it? Just remove the flask inside, put your phone in it, and then play it over headphones.

I want the phone accessible without taking it out of the Walkman/Drinkman. A friend build herself a Walkman from foam and worbla with her phone screen visible through the back so she could change the song or reply to texts without having to take the whole thing apart. I'd love to do that as well.

I just cut the window out of my drinkman with a dremel tool. You could do the same on the back side if you wanted access to your screen.

He's an RPFer as well, so I'm sure he didn't think Rwanda. ;) I'm thinking of going the Drinkman route too, though I would *really* like to be able to fit my phone into it (and have it accessible so I can play the Awesome Mix from it). I'm still looking at options (Drinkman, buy one of the 3D prints from the Junkyard, build my own somehow), but I will probably buy those decals no matter what I end up choosing!

I was wondering where all these orders were coming from. I made the decals for myself and threw them on etsy in case anyone else wanted them too. I was surprised to see anyone order any. Someone requested silver yesterday, so that's an option now too.

I just cut the window out of my drinkman with a dremel tool. You could do the same on the back side if you wanted access to your screen.

Awesome, thanks! Good to know it's possible. It's hard to tell from just looking at pictures of it online how well it would react to having pieces cut out of it, lol.

I was wondering where all these orders were coming from. I made the decals for myself and threw them on etsy in case anyone else wanted them too. I was surprised to see anyone order any. Someone requested silver yesterday, so that's an option now too.
Yuss! I'm definitely getting the silver ones from you. :D

I just got myself a drinkman to convert into a walkman after seeing this thread. Great idea! Quick question, can anyone suggest the best way to make it attachable to my belt?

Due to how light the drinkman is I'm going to use one of those cheap cell phone belt clips. That way I can rotate it when I sit down. I would say go with that or the cheap metal clips that you can screw into the case.

Was able to snag the last Drinkman off Amazon. When I just looked about 3 days ago they said 2-3 months, guess they found some probably with a bunch of people ordering them? Haha. Found it a couple other places too but they wanted about $15 for it (not bad) but then like $13 to ship it. Since I needed to order the skechers as well, I just threw it on the same order and got it with free shipping.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back