Diamond Select Back to the Future Mr. Fusion replica BTTF

Re: Diamond Select Mr. Fusion

The advertisement guy in the video says that they going to try to put a smoke machine in it so smoke comes out like in the movie. I could do without and it's probably just a stupid excuse to overprice it. Kinda like the flux capacitor. $300 for a light up box and it wasn't even that accurate. But that's another story for another time.

I feel like this is going to be just like the whole incident with Mattel and their sorry excuse for a hoverboard. Why do Back to the Future replicas always end up like this?! The only way we would get the quality replicas we deserve is if Bob Gale himself chooses the company personally. No one else can seem to get things right.

No news on this for months. It probably got tanked. I'm kind of glad. If it looked like that, I wouldn't want people to be cheated out of their money.

Any updates on this? If no, then I guess I will start on this
1098051_10152070436658841_1377551652_n.jpg

Kinda off topic but the BTTF hats they sell...what are they like quality wise? Are these the ones that have all the NIKE logo's etc inside??

I got a Diamond Select hat a few weeks back. Colour looks good. No NIKE badge. It says not to wash it and the colour even changed when I got caught in a small rain shower. It dried out OK though.

Re: Diamond Select Back to the Future Mr. Fusion replica

I don't get why companies can't be accurate when it comes to making props. Do you think it has to do with Krups copyright?

At least, you can buy it for the base and put the Krups on top.

I don't get why companies can't be accurate when it comes to making props. Do you think it has to do with Krups copyright?

you never know if the krups will fit on this base... No idea...

This prop was announced a while ago, I wonder there were no news about it the last time...

Maybe I will get one, I have also a Krups grinder, but I always wanted to have a base for it, my chance now...

DST's Mr. Fusion definitely seems to have improved since last year, including its white base.

February 2013

DST_BTTF_Mr_Fusion_Replica_01.jpg

February 2014

12654943455_d4d3d13b8b_o.jpg

February 2014

12655079593_679071352a_o.jpg

you never know if the krups will fit on this base... No idea...

This prop was announced a while ago, I wonder there were no news about it the last time...

Maybe I will get one, I have also a Krups grinder, but I always wanted to have a base for it, my chance now...

Even if the base has the accurate dimensions for a real Krups, it would be very difficult to attach the Krups. Look why:

diamond-select-back-future-mr-fusion-replica-diamond_select_mr_fusion.jpg-288937d1392995558

Why are they doing such a crap? :facepalm

Attachments

• diamond_select_mr_fusion.jpg
    diamond_select_mr_fusion.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 2,822

Hi i love it, maybe it's not 100% perfect but it looks damn good and for those who are not experts like we will not notice it.

Uhm, what exactly do you mean, Roland?!?

The real Krups is attached on top of the white base at the real prop. The pseudo coffee grinder from Diamond Select is taller at the bottom and is attached in the base. If you remove it, you will have a big hole in your base.

The real Krups is attached on top of the white base at the real prop. The pseudo coffee grinder from Diamond Select is taller at the bottom and is attached in the base. If you remove it, you will have a big hole in your base.

Ah, now I see what you mean... Ok, so then it will be a good alternative Mr Fusion next to the real krups...

I posted this few days ago in the BTTF merchandise thread, thought I will update this thread now with more details.

I spoke to DST during SDCC and asked them if the Mr. Fusion replica would be released any time soon and whether they are using an actual screen used prop for reference. They said they are waiting on Bob Gale and the studio for approval. They also said they have access to all the necessary digital files of the prop for reference.

I asked them what are they were planning to use for the smoke effect. They confirmed that the replica won't have any smoke effect as apparently they couldn't come up with a viable way to make it work.

So I am guessing it is still a work in progress.

I bought all BTTF miminates from DST, but never bought a single replica from them cause they are all inaccurate by choice not by oversight, which frustrates me to no end. They couldn't even get the Outatime plate right.

Maybe they will surprise me with this Mr. Fusion replica.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back