Team Fortress 2 Heavy Dolokahs Bar (3D Printed prop chocolate bar)

coryalex

Well, since I'm building a TF2 Heavy costume (with minigun) for me to wear at Phoenix Comicon this year, I decided I might need something to boost my health.
I wanted a small prop I could let people hold in pictures, if they like... plus it was a fun exercise in finishing out a 3D print in a new way for me (more than just sanding and painting, etc.).

Here's what I was going for (bar, artwork, and a finished, torn wrapper)...

I made a 3D model in SketchUp

Printed it on my Makerbot Replicator

I painted it with Warm Brown Gloss (chocolate color)

I found the correct font (Chocolate Box Pro for ten bux), and made up a wrapper print that would make TWO bars (thus the weird, overlapping text)

I cut the wrapper pieces and affixed them to aluminum flashing (to give me the appearance of foil inside the wrapper)

I laminated the photo paper to the aluminum flashing using my wife's Xyron (scrapbook tool for laminating, etc.)

I formed the wrapper into a sleeve and trimmed the top end for bending (yellow stripe on bottom of bar is affixed right to the 3D print)

This was the finished piece... and I'm very happy with it.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask away.

I know this is a small prop, but I like to share. :)

Here's a link to my minigun build thread (http://www.therpf.com/f9/team-fortress-2-heavy-minigun-build-3d-printed-image-heavy-206292/)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back