Working On A home made Spidey Suit (1st time)

xsogspidey

Hello everyone XSOG Spidey here, this is my first thread and definitley my first time / attempt at making any kind of costume, soooooooooo check it out!! ; )

I have decided to do something creative with some of my free time, and came up with the idea of making my own suit.

Don't really know which suit im going for but probably leaning more towards ASM2 or the Toby suit.

Heres my first picture, its of the mask (obviously haha,) just a morph suit hood, $18, used chalk and a fabric marker for weblines.

which I tried to do as movie accurate as possible but the Styrofoam head I was using didn't really help me out very much.

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 4a.jpg
    4a.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 134
Welcome to the RPF!

It is cool to see you giving this costume a shot. Spider-man is a well known character and people are sure to appreciate the costume once it is done.

I really like how you went about making the eye frames and mesh. It works very well.
I recommend making the hood again. The web needs to converge between the eyes.

Just get lots of reference on what you want to go for and follow that. There are a lot of great costume builds on the forum to gain inspiration and tips from.

Thanks mate! And I definitely noticed I messed up on the webbing (The Styrofoam head I used was to small, and I traced with chalk will it was on that instead of on my head.. ) but since im puff painting it we'll see if I can fix it with having to re-due it, which I probably will!

The Eye's were already glued on, as well as the black webbing was fabric marked in :(

Last edited:
I have now decided, that I'll just be using this for a prototype, maybe wear it to the movie if I don't have a proper suit done up by then ! Stay posted for more and much better quality I promise ;) Cheers Webheads!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back