Eleventh Doctor WIP

Darthpapi

Starting to work on an Eleventh Doctor outfit for Boston comic con. So far the goodwill has provided the tweed and a close enough dress shirt to accompany it. Have to change out the buttons and add some elbow pads to the tweed. A very nice start so far. Looking forward to gathering the rest!

Just won these on ebay. SHould be good enough for now but I plan to mod them in the future. Couldn't say no for the price.

On Monday I should be receiving the Abbyshot bow tie, burgundy suspenders and hopefully elbow patches. I also acquired a sonic screwdriver. Pics soon!

im impressed so far, cant wait to see the progress keep it up im thinking of doing the purple jacket from the end of season 7 but i love this look.

Wow, that Goodwill find is really close to the Shetland Tweed. Well done!

Thanks my fiance actually found it. I also got my Smith shirt in today, it's perfect, can't thank you enough! Will post pics soon.

Quick update:

And yes I know, I need a better camera.

Last edited:
some more pics. The bow tie is being updated with a swagger and swoon maroon. A few more pounds left to come off the belly and a few more inches on the hair(will lose the beard as well) to go. Really happy with this so far. Searching for a watch as I type.

And a caparison of the old shirt vs the new Magnoli.

Nice work!

Not intended to be a sales pitch but I have a more accurate jacket that would go with your red shirt if you want it!

Loving the shirt. Could never find one myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Nice work!

Not intended to be a sales pitch but I have a more accurate jacket that would go with your red shirt if you want it!

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with the jacket for now, if I do upgrade it will be for the real deal. The shirt came straight from Magnoli's. No need to hunt one down!

Nice work!

I'd be interested in such a jacket~

And I'm so jealous! This cosplay is coming along wonderfully!

So I've decided to grab another pair of jeans that are a bit shorter than what I have now. Can anyone chime in and recommend how much shorter than my normal length they should be?

Thanks,Hector

They shouldn't be shorter, they should be 2 inches longer. I wear 32 length in normal pants, but for Smith I get 34 length and roll them 4 times. If you're having issues with the roll being too bulky, look into getting some jeans made of a twill or lighter weight cotton instead of a denim.

Uni Qlo recently had an excellent pair of close enough pants that I use now. You can probably find a pair of plain black twill jeans at H&M if you check frequently.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back