Death Star/Star Destroyer inspired Star Wars Bathroom

Darth Doo

Hi Everyone, I've started a Star Wars bathroom. It's surprising how little that I could find about Star Wars bathrooms. So basically I'm going for a Death Star/Star Destroyer vibe with it. This is what I've done so far using sanded plywood. I'm using plywood since it can handle the moisture of the bathroom better than MDF. Also, drywall has too many limitations. The paint color is Behr Premium Ultra's Dark Ash (primer built in)with a Satin finish. I'm going to finish it with a Hi Gloss Finish. Time is a serious constraint with this project being that I have to have a functional bathroom by February 28th. So safe to say that I won't be finished, but it should have some nice Star Wars touches by then....I hope...Any suggestions would be appreciated. Here are the first few pictures.

Attachments

• 20140209_180441.jpg
    20140209_180441.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 273
  • 20140208_145016.jpg
    20140208_145016.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 444
  • 20140208_220546.jpg
    20140208_220546.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 225
  • 20140209_180528.jpg
    20140209_180528.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 218
Forget the toilet. Just install a trench with a "Thermal Exhaust Port" for...you know, Targeting! :lol

Love it... I would truly need a lot of pre planning to begin construction on a themed room. I so want to at least do a partial build when I move this year.

Bathroom would be hard to come up with quick so many options.

Can do the Emperors "Throne" room some kind of ready room from the series or EU.

if you go with the throne, id want to use dark colours and some led`s however id want to raise the platform lol a kind of mural behind the toilet with the entire battle of endor background. maybe some other touches however being that it is a bathroom and has a working shower I wouldn`t go to far with anything that moisture could damage.

Thanks! Fortunately, this will be a Dianoga free facility.

- - - Updated - - -

I did just that. Funny thing it was a fiasco. The first one that I ordered was broken upon delivery. The second one seems to be in good order. I'll probably install it tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm laying some black tile. I'm going to post pictures shortly.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm thinking about some Star Destroyer bridge style "windows" with the Battle of Endor Fathead behind it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to make a little sign using some Star Wars decals like people put on their cars to represent their family.

- - - Updated - - -

How big is this room? Why will it be finished in gloss? Will you "weather" the throne? I would!

The room is 6x8 I want it to have a shiny new look to it. The throne won't be weathered, but I will likely put the Imperial cog on it.

Hi Everyone, thanks for the comments. Here are some more pictures.....
20140225_220547.jpg20140228_154940.jpg20140301_003429.jpg20140301_003443.jpg

I still have quite a bit to do, but I'm taking some time off from the project. At least the bathroom is fully operational!

- - - Updated - - -

My wife would KILL me...;) neat project!

Thanks! My wife is super cool about things like this. As long as Star Wars doesn't takeover the upstairs, she's cool with it.

- - - Updated - - -

This is definitely a unique project. Good luck!

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Haha very original and nice :)

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Now that's something you don't see every day... :D

Thanks...well, I guess I get to see it everyday ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Man, I love the idea of the toilet on a raised floor! It would be odd and epic at the same time!

Ironically, the floor was raised up until the basement was flooded. The flood led to this project when they had to tear out the platform that the shower and toilet was on. I decided to hire a contractor to put the plumbing for the drains in the floor. I didn't want to risk having to redo the bathroom again if we had another flood.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back