Blade Runner SUSHI BAR + SLICE OF LIFE making of

I've never been so excited to see all of it since...the original Blade Runner. Movie making/special effects like I love to see them made(y)thumbsup

Yo guuuuuys!
Thanks a lot for the nice comments!
It really seems we filmed everything FINALLY!
The movie is edited, and for the past few months we've been working on sound design and the soundtrack.
Since we didn't record absolutely anything during the filming because it was simply too complicated, we had to recreate all the sounds in the studio with the help of our friend Ivan Mihoci. And that's actually totally OK. Even if we recorded sound we would probably re-record and replace a lot of it.

Also, we almost finished the work on the soundtrack with our buddy Tim Žibrat. We did several 3-day sessions with him over the past months and we really like the result!

Anyway, I explained it all in the new Production Diary No. 15 - SOUND & MUSIC!
It's the longest one to date! Unprecedented, spectacular 16 minute-behind-the-scenes of guys mostly sitting on a couch!!!

ENJOY!

Next phase is the sound mixing, mixing of the soundtrack and color correction! Talk soon!
Cheeeeeeeeeeers!

Last edited:
Love it to bits! Your sense of humor makes those videos fun to watch (and I'm not even mentioning the tutos and other tricks of the trade you're showing everytime(y)

Awesome stuff here. Sound can be tricky to get just right. Been editing sound to these old stop motion videos my brother and i made 20 years ago. Very time consuming. Keep up the good work.

Slice of Life has been submitted to several film festivals, and will be shown first at the Short Shorts Film Festival in Tokyo.

The festival circuit needs to be completed first before it is shown, as there are rules in place by the festivals that exclude entries if they have been made public.

Hello guuuuuuys!

Soooooooooo what's been happening????

Well, we're working on the Kickstarter perks most of the time... Designing the 'Making Of' book, editing a documentary, etc... I'm really looking forward to getting all that stuff made but it really takes a lot of time to produce it all...
The film is still missing a proper sound mix and then it will basically be finished.
But in the meantime we made a shorter version of the film and started applying to festivals. Not much was happening at first but eventually we got into a 'Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia 2019' in Tokyo, Japan. Its a big festival with over 10000 applied films each year. So getting selected among the 200 films is pretty good.

Japan is far from Croatia, but we thought to ourselves: "What the hell! Who knows if we'll even get into another festival. Let's just take the opportunity and fly there." :lol:

I filmed our Tokyo trip and edited a travel diary. We'll publish it on Kickstarter in a few days but I thought I'll share it with you guys a little bit earlier. Hope you like it!

So anyway, pretty much after we came back from Japan, we learned another pretty big piece of news: we also got in 'LA Shorts Fest', haha...
So we're thinking of going on another big trip - Los Angeles!

Slice will be screened on July 24th at Laemmle NOHO.

While we're there we'll probably also do a private LA premiere that we promised on Kickstarter, so if you are in LA or near we'd love to meet you and drink a couple of cold ones with you guys!
It's still secret until we organize it all, but as soon as I'll know the place and date of the private screening I'll post it here and on KS.
Exciting timmeeeees!!!
Talk soon guuuuys!!!!

Last edited:
That is all awesome! I'm very excited for you. It would be great to meet the crew in person, but July 24 is too short notice for me. Have a great time!

Last edited:
That is all awesome! I'm very excited for you. It wold be great to meet the crew in person, but July 24 is too short notice for me. Have a great time!
Thanks Rick! Yeah I get you, it was a really short notice for us as well... Dino is running around the city as we speak trying to get a visa, haha..
The private screening will be a few days after the festival though... I'm trying to book some venue and set the date. ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back