Blade Runner SUSHI BAR + SLICE OF LIFE making of

Wow!!! Had I not read this thread and then saw that short clip, plus not having seen Blade Runner in forever, I would have totally thought it was a shot from the film itself.
Hurry up and finish already....but at the same time, loving the making stuff...so don't.

That's fantastic! The subtle camera move is great; all of it looks great and works together so well; the music, the street noise, the moving spotlights, the ads, the traffic :)

Don't forget to go to the Bradbury Building while you're here in LA, bring your good camera......:thumbsup

BladeRunner_Bradbury_Interior.jpg

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...y36nM&itg=1&usg=__cvwXbKLusp8LWEijrqflRIV3k2A=

Last edited:
WOW, just WOW. So much love gone it to this and love it so much.

You MADE your own motion rig!!!!! OMG thats fantastic and the end results and sublime :D

The projections look fab and I saw the Slice advert you filmed a while back to on the 2nd left screen, beautiful.

Enjoy your trip and stop by the national typewriter company should you get the chance :lol

I've learnt so much from you all there, you would not believe, thank you

DUDE! That's fantastic:cool Love that the majority of the effects are in-camera; always more tricky to do it that way. They should include your scene into the new Blade Runner!

Thanks for the love guys! <3 <3
Yeah, I'll definitely visit all BR locations I can find, and I'll make a production/tourist diary out of it! :lol

Richard, Ennis Brown house was used for just a couple of shots. You can see it during the exterior shot when Deckard arrives home with his sedan.. Interior is a set, but they took the molds from Wright's tiles and replicated them..

Can't wait to see it!!! :D

Yeah, just the exterior shots of Deckard pulling up to his 'apartment building' in the rain.

The tunnel from BR is also in the LA area.

Yo people!
I've got one more post before my trip!
We filmed a couple more miniature shots - this time the legendary SUSHI BAR!

First, I dragged it out from the storage, dusted it, and evaluated the damage! :lol It hasn't been touched for two years!! :wacko

1_zpslpsbyyb6.jpg~original.jpg

I fixed the model and started soldering LEDs. Then I made this light-rig and glued some tiny Christmas lights..

2_zpsbcrpln6t.jpg~original.jpg

I also built some kind of small tower at the right, and the yellow vertical light at the top.

3_zpsxajetli0.jpg~original.jpg

I designed some billboards as well! The "Yellow Flame Sushi" ad is the real one from BR, and above it you can see some traces of Slice ad glued over a familiar beer brand! :D:cheers

4_zpsijdngoln.jpg~original.jpg

The building has around 30 lights so it got quite messy at the back where all wires connect. At least it all works! Thank God!

5_zpsbgwqmjkv.jpg~original.jpg

Ok, now the filming starts. First, here's one without the lights, just an artsy photo in the fog!

6_zpsmcip887r.jpg~original.jpg

Then one with everything on, in a slightly different atmosphere. I just love this building!!

7_zpsiycaqhxa.jpg~original.jpg

And finally the real shot!!!!

8_zpstgncr2zh.jpg~original.jpg

We are struggling with crappy equipment, and still figuring it all out, but for now the main goal is putting the trailer out!
I mean, it's been a little over two years since we did our first miniature test. Do you remember that? here's that shot, hahaha:

9_zps3ergcgwc.jpg~original.jpg

Of course we didn't have other towers and lights then, but I can safely say we learned a lot in the process, and there's much more still to discover!

Ok, that's all from me!
My next post will hopefully be from LA!

Love you all, and see you soon!
Byeeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited:
This is looking amazing! That final shot is spectacular.

Is that a police car model with sequenced lights I see there :p?

WOW beautiful and great update. And yep, I do remember that first shot, you take that, ran with it and knocked it out of the ball park!!!!

Damn, that real shot looks great!

Nice job on the billboards as well :)

You know, it's currently 'in style' to release a teaser trailer for the trailer... You can just slap together a few cool scenes without needing to really set-up a storyline, and stick the title card on the end.

-MJ

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back