Blade Runner SUSHI BAR + SLICE OF LIFE making of

Cool present ;) and build :D. Will be watching out for it in the film.

News on the trailer progress, sweet. Sounds (no pun intended) so close now :)

Yo, yo!
The Spinner build is finished!
Installing the LEDs took me a lot of time, as everything is so darn tiny!!!! :angry

These two light rigs were the hardest. I wanted to put SMDs in the front lights, and I broke everything a couple of times and had to fix it all over again.. haha.. oh well.

1_zpsiacnjlc0.jpg~original.jpg

To light the front wheel covers I soldered 3 LEDs together, one for each part of the wheel.

2_zpsv6tem8pj.jpg~original.jpg

Here are the guts of the model. I tried to organize everything as much as I could, haha. Well, at least it all works. :lol

3_zpsomm9po9f.jpg~original.jpg

And here's everything connected, prior to putting the two halves together. I did not glue them together, it's best to have access to the lights if something breaks down.

4_zpsv6tem8pj.jpg~original.jpg

Aaaaand the sexy fog photoshoot!!! :love

5_zpsguublswo.jpg~original.jpg

6_zpsrwtidhtc.jpg~original.jpg

7_zps2nv1ropg.jpg~original.jpg

8_zpsffkeef8h.jpg~original.jpg

9_zpsj1pnfx7b.jpg~original.jpg

I'm very happy with how it turned out, and seeing it all lit up like this just shows how much of a badass job Syd Mead did designing it, and of course the model shop building it!
Just an amazing vehicle!

Ok, guys.. Talk to you soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
So cool....well done on the model, but your photography is brilliant ! Presentation is everything !

What are you using for the fog ?

Hey guys!
Glad you like the spinner!

At this very moment we are finishing the sound design on the trailer, and hopefully in a few days the trailer will be online! :eek (hopefully)
We've set up a "sound studio" at Dino's place. He has this huge projection screen so we feel like we're in a real studio, haha..

Well anyway I just came to say hi.. The guys are waiting, gotta run!!!

making%20trailer_zpsa3xhyzy2.jpg~original.jpg

See ya sooooon!

Last edited:
Looking good :cool:cheers

Looking forward to hearing your voice-over guy/gal too

(I have that exact keyboard too… what are you running it in to?)

Last edited:
OK GUYS!!
THE DAY HAS FINALLY ARRIVED!

After countless rendering, re-rendering, mixing, re-mixing, fixing, uploading, deleting, re-uploading, "Slice of Life" OFFICIAL TRAILER is online! :eek

slice%20official%20trailer_zpsdpdfsjxu.jpg~original.jpg

At this moment it's still a private video, and we'll probably post it on our Facebook page tomorrow when we finish the promo/press text and other stuff, but (as always) the true fans at RPF have the exclusive sneak-peek! :D

I see Rubble mentioned the voice-over guy. As you will see there is no voice-over in the trailer, and now when I think about it I don't really remember if I ever mentioned that there is no dialogue in the film as well.. The whole film will be told only through visuals and actions of the characters. As we are not native speakers it allowed us to avoid a lot of the language problems (dubbing for example), but also it kinda makes sense as our protagonist is spending majority of the film by himself..

OK, so here's the video! It's maybe best to follow the link to Youtube where you have more viewing options.
Of course, be sure to view it fullscreen, turn on the 4K mode if you have the 4K monitor, and crank up the speakers!!! :lol

We really, really, really hope you'll like it!!!
Thank you all for following our progress up to this moment, and talk to you soon!

slice%20kadar.jpg

Attachments

• slice%20official%20trailer_zpsdpdfsjxu.jpg~original.jpg
    slice%20official%20trailer_zpsdpdfsjxu.jpg~original.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 98
  • slice%20kadar.jpg
    slice%20kadar.jpg
    747.9 KB · Views: 195
Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely awesome, lovely, grungy, nasty, future, sexy smokey and brilliant. Love what you guys have done. Ridley could be shizzling himself in case its better than his latest Bladerunner. Love it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back