Blade Runner SUSHI BAR + SLICE OF LIFE making of

Yo guys!!
Nothing new here... Just juggling between our day jobs and the film.. I'm off to Paris tomorrow, visiting a friend for a week. I'll try to party a little bit now as it seems we're going to have working holidays, hehe :D

In the meantime I managed to make one more vehicle model for random fly-bys.
As always, I started with a random toy:

1_zpsnvkhta1q.jpg~original.jpg

I forgot to take a photo before the painting, but I just cut the roof off, and glued bunch of stuff all over the car.

2_zpsvdpkx00q.jpg~original.jpg

After painting it blue, I quickly sprayed racing stripes on the car. I figured the car will be faster that way. :lol

3_zpsvskczgv7.jpg~original.jpg

Here's a photo with the LEDs installed. I played a bit with long exposure and my smartphone flashlight.. You can get some crazy stuff that way.

4_zpslytlpryb.jpg~original.jpg

And here's a short timelapse of painting the model:

Also, I posted this video on facebook today. Timelapse of the Sushi Bar build! This was just the beginning of our project, but you might find it interesting!

[video]https://www.facebook.com/SliceOfLifeFilm/videos/613337892124051/[/video]

Ok, talk to you in a week when I get back!
Cheers guys!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love these timelapse videos. You definitely have that Blade Runner touch. I wish there was a way my Duel truck could sneak an appearance in the background. ;)

You've become the Macgyver of models. Now take an empty soda can, razor, broken headphones and a pair of glasses. You will end up with the best looking flying car ever.

I have JUST discovered this thread and my jaw is on the floor.. THIS is too good to be true. please someone wake me up.. seriously... I mean.. I am dreaming???

Any news on a trailer yet guys?

Yo, yo guys!!!
Ah, well what can I say...Same ol' same ol'. We had to make a couple of commercials that popped up at the last minute. Everybody goes crazy before Christmas! :wacko
So yeah, the trailer got delayed a bit. However, it is 95% done, and I'm hoping it will see the light of day in January! :angel
The thing that took a lot of time was music for the trailer. We had to find someone to compose it, and you really have to be on the same wavelength with that person. I'm happy to say we met an awesome guy named Tim, from a neighbouring country of Slovenia. He did the trailer music for us, and we're all hyped for the film soundtrack too so that's gonna be awesome!!!

But all that is not important! The most important thing today is that I have a new holiday card for you - I wouldn't wanna break the tradition. :lol
So, as always, I want to thank you for hanging on with us for such a long time, and I wish you all the best in the upcoming year!

See you next year guys!!!!!!

:cheers HAPPY 2017! :cheers

slice%202017mali.jpg

Last edited:
It's still the horrible 16 here, but awesome as aways. I'm about should you be in the area again. Merry celebrations that are still over an hour an away. Looking forward to the trailer too.

R

Hey there!
So we entered the new year! And it started great for me, as I had a few days off to spend in my workshop!
Why can he spend time in his workshop, and not work on the friggin trailer you ask? :lol Well, my SFX part is finished. What's left is finishing the sound design and music, and that's Dino's and Tim's departments.. We'll deal with that soon.

But anyway, I got a present for Christmas from my dear meeeeee!! And look what I got me:

1_zpsmszxjv8n.jpg~original.jpg

Fujimi Spinner kit. It was a matter of time really, heh.
So after priming it in black, I sprayed the interior with light gray. If I leave it like this, it's a screen accurate "Future Car" from BTTF2. :lol

2_zpspksun6ju.jpg~original.jpg

But, I was like, nah.. Let's go with the blue.

3_zpscwy0vn2x.jpg~original.jpg

Then it was time to start installing the lights. First I connected them all to the breadboard to see if everything is working correctly. I'm using the usual 3mm LEDs, but also small 1mm SMD LEDs for tighter places. So far I just connected SMDs to the bottom.

4_zpsgwhxdhc5.jpg~original.jpg

Also I applied all decals to the model, and gave it a coat of clear gloss!

5_zps6pnzvju7.jpg~original.jpg

That's it so far. All that's left is to connect the rest of the lights, and the sexy photoshoot in the fog. :D

I'm building this one mainly for my personal collection, but of course it will fly through a couple of shots in Slice. Nothing too prominent, but you guys will catch it for sure.

Ok, 'till the next time.. :cheers:cheers:cheers

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back