Blade Runner SUSHI BAR + SLICE OF LIFE making of

Awesome, beautiful work.

Really, that was just a print on styrene?????!!!! Wow. Had a translucent look/vibe working for it (with weathering) which made me ask how you'd made them. That's just so cool being a print. OMG.

Looking forward to the trailer like every update here.

Hey there! Thanks for the comments people!
Glad you like the hero car!

Here's another one then! :lol

I found an old metal toy car, and decided to retrofit it!

1_zpsj79hdryq.jpg~original.jpg

There's actually an old 1960 Chrysler Imperial driving on the streets of Blade runner.

i012089.jpg

You can only probably see it in two shots, but I like how they used an older model like that.
So when I saw the toy I thought I could use it.
I gave it a turquoise paint job, and put some sci-fi stuff on the roof. You can see the LEDs are waiting to be installed.

2_zpscqxuawf6.jpg~original.jpg

And here's the finished and weathered car:

3_zps1lx3efq6.jpg~original.jpg

4_zpsje8o1hws.jpg~original.jpg

And the beauty shot.

FINAL%20(0-00-02-19)%20copy.jpg

It's just a small post, cooler stuff are around the corner! :)
See you soon guys!

Last edited:
Same story as so many others; I discovered this thread and have read up to this point in the last 24 hours. Hands down the most exiting and fullest buildthread ever. Thanks to Luka and friends for sharing and rekindeling my love for 80's scifi beyond Star Wars :)
More updates!

Thank you for the love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love

OK, guys, hopefully tomorrow we are launching the official Slice Of Life facebook page, and we're slowly starting to get our baby out there!
You have been with us since the very beginnings, and to show our appreciation I'd like to give you an early sneak peak of...

SLICE OF LIFE POSTER!!

poster%20manji.jpg

Here's a bigger version:

poster manji.jpg

Hope you like it!
On and off I spent over a week on the poster.. it's all in the details.. :lol

Ok, stand by for the FB page, and talk to you soon!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Slice Of Life Poster mali.jpg
    Slice Of Life Poster mali.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 365
  • poster manji.jpg
    poster manji.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Hey there guys!!!

So these days we've been setting up the social networks.. I had to prepare tons of stuff for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube... Profile photos, cover photos, end screens & annotations, posts, texts, sign up, contact us, newsletter... Each site needs different dimensions of pictures and stuff... it's hell out there!! :wacko

And then there's the official website, which is a whole 'nother animal. But all in all, everything is mostly set up, the web will be launched soon, and the trailer will follow soon afterwards.

And as always, to take a break from all this madness I've been taking short trips to my mancave where I managed to build another vehicle - the garbage truck!
I started with my old firetruck toy which I broke when I was a kid. :lol

1_zpsc9fcz7ak.jpg~original.jpg

I removed the back part, and built something more... ugly. Of course it's inspired by the trucks from the streets of Blade Runner.

2_zpsrsj6tmqm.jpg~original.jpg

Then I airbrushed a coat of dirty green/ochre paint, and applied lots of rust and weathering..

3_zpskiqhja1i.jpg~original.jpg

4_zps5vhftvw1.jpg~original.jpg

Oh, yeah.. I hand painted some kanji symbols to the sides. I hope the keywords are: garbage, waste and garbage truck, but I can't be sure. I just hope it's not anything offensive! :lol

5_zpsai40sy33.jpg~original.jpg

Here's a beauty shot:

6_zps2kwq5yar.jpg~original.jpg

See you soon!!!

Last edited:
Updates, wooooo, Tell me about the SM. I can send you a helpful sizing guide for the most popular sites if that helps?

Looking good as always, and so much the trailer :)

This is the most beautiful garbage truck I’ve ever seen. I think those Kanjis spell out, “This” “Film” “Will” “Be” “Awesome”.

Keep up the amazing work guys. Still so excited about this project. I saw "Arrival" the other day and didn't like it! I thought Villeneuve's pacing, setting and use of colour were DULL. Has me worried for the Blade Runner sequel. I'm far more excited about "Slice of Life"!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back