SpaceCowboy Stormtrooper pepakura helmet update

namivanmar

Hey Everyone.
After making the Fierfek and SpaceCowboy bucket both around 90% I've noticed some tiny issues with both of them. They are both awesome jobs and big thank you for them.
But I've decided to "upgrade" SpaceCowboys design a bit. I try to fit all the parts a bit better together, add the missing glue taps (I know its not a big deal) but also working on the polygon model adding/removing some edges.
I want to incorporate the trapeze shaped details in the dome on polygon level instead of textures, leaving you with a flat/round part, a hole (if you cut the taps off), or additional indentation.
Also want to make the front part of the lid so it would accept a rubber U channel like the original ones. Or you could make it out of paper.
I'd like it to be some sort of "ultimate" base helmet where you could choose which parts to add or remove easily.
For reference I use SpaceCowboy's line drawing and picures from Star Wars Helmets or other screen caps.
If youd like to help with constructive criticism I could upload some WIP pictures.
I also think about adding some basic rods or something that would help keeping the form for the resin state and maybe some guide pictures for the tricky folds.

I really hope SpaceCowboy doesn't mind this (I wrote him a few days ago, hope he will reply in the future)

But if you all think it's unnecessary just let me know and this thread will be deleted.
Thanks

Good call on adding the missing glue taps :thumbsup .
I think adding the trapezoid shapes or any other fixture for the rubber guard strip to hold on to would be more of a headache than anything else believe me there is no need to make the pep more difficult than what it is, remember that in pepakura most of the time what you see during the paper stage doesn't show on the finish filler/bondo stage.

Adding rods for the resin sage is good idea but again not necessary, most people that have wrapping problems during resin stage are either using the wrong paper, not experience enough,rushing, afraid of the smell or trying to resin the whole bucket at once.

my 2 cents

Here's the current stage (The ones on the left are the new):

Image1.jpg Image2.jpg Image3.jpg

(The "mouth" looks a bit wide, I know, will fix later)
I've also marked the place of the earpiece:

Image4.jpg

Last edited:
Keep in mind that pep is only the base for the bondo... the pep has not to be 100% accurate...but all the improvements on pep are wellcomed!

I've not put up my version yet. I'm in the middle of building so the pep file is done (looking good so far). I didn't want to put it up until I've finished it to check for errors.
Also I've only got an A4 version so far and it's really crowded to save on paper.

I've not put up my version yet. I'm in the middle of building so the pep file is done (looking good so far). I didn't want to put it up until I've finished it to check for errors.
Also I've only got an A4 version so far and it's really crowded to save on paper.

Great! i'd really like to give your version a try! do you plan to have a letter version too?

Last edited:
Great! i'd really like to give your version a try! do you plan to have a letter version too?

Sure, I'll try to do both versions in .PDO and .PDF files as well. I just need a few days to finish putting the first print together. I don't want to share something "untested".

I think I'll do the unfold again and put all the details in a different pep file.The profram merged some of my edges and made the taps and numbers weird, I don't like it.

Here are the files I came up with:

upgraded_spacecowboy_stormtrooper_helmet

All .PDO and .PDF files are in one ZIP
If you have any trouble downloading, building, or just simply find some mistakes in the peps please let me know. I only printed thje WIP version and I had to unfold it again since so it's kind of untested.
Any feedback/building log is welcomed!

looks very neat and well thought out lay out, makes it easyer to work out what goes where

- - - Updated - - -

I was going to give yours ago aswell as a version ive been unfolding, but just managed to get a FX ST bucket kit from a facebook sale for 50 quid..bargain

namivanmar I used your pep file and it was awesome, really easy to put together. I'm on to the bondo now and it's looking great ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395873233.922380.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
agester I'm glad you liked it, and that it worked! Please keep us posted how the build goes.
(I'm at the bondo stage too, but that project is put aside a bit for more important things.)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back