Boot Hunt! Please Help Identify these boots from TWS **Found!**

Extimorous

Howdy Folks,

Update:
The boots appear to be Bates GX-8's. Hooray!
Special thanks to TheNickFox for finding a matching sole.

I'm researching the outfit for The Winter Soldier from the upcoming Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I have been unable to figure out what make and model of boots TWS is wearing. I've scoured as many retail websites as I can get my hands on, but I've yet to find anything that even comes close to these boots. I've included the best screenshots we have collected so far. If you can offer any assistance, we would greatly appreciate it.
I'd like to thank everyone who is helping out in the main thread over here, and a special thank you to Jedigrimlock for locating some of these pictures.

ws2.jpgBack1.PNGBoots.PNGcaptainamericathewinter9990.jpgcaptainamericathewinter-1.jpgtumblrmo1wboapy91sphcda2333.jpgTWS1.PNG

We're looking to find the make and model of the boots worn by The Winter Soldier. That fellow in black dancing with Captain America.

Thank you for taking a look!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Boot Hunt! Please Help Identify these boots from TWS

Bump.

Also, if anyone has any idea on additional places to look, that would be great.

I've been through the following websites:
Zappos
Amazon
TacticalGear.com
UniformsWarehouse
Galls
511Tactical
LAPoliceGear
Blackhawk

and a few others I can't recall the names of. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Two more to cross off the list.

Brands (confirmed via website, so it's possible it could be a discontinued boot)
Under Armour
Bates

Have you considered that they might be modified Oakley boots like Cap's Avengers' boots? So you might get something with the right sole that requires work to make look "right."

-Nick

Going off TheNickFox's suggestion, I just focused on the soles. Closest things I found were these SWAT boots:

$_3.JPG

And these 511s:

Screen Shot 2014-02-07 at 6.56.39 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-02-07 at 6.56.16 AM.png

I think I nailed it!

My Google-fu is strong. They appear to be based on a pair of Delta Tactical boots. For proof, check out the sole pattern on these and compare it to the sole in the 5th picture in your first post, @Extimorous :

BT001-BK 05-800x600.jpg

It's all about finding exactly which model they used as a base since the sides of the soles don't quite match up.

Hope this helps.

-Nick

Dang. Those soles are spot on.
That was my reaction when I found them. I honestly just typed "Tactical Boot Sole" into google images and just stared at tons of pictures until I saw that X-pattern appear. :lol

Here's my best guess for what the base model of boots might be: Jy,Usa Hot Selling Bates Syle Tan Moistureproof Leather Soldier Delta Tactical Boots - Buy Delta Tactical Boots,Bates Military Boots,Combat Boots Product on Alibaba.com

-Nick

Using what you've found so far, I think I've found the original boot. It looks like a Bates GX-8. It looks like that is where the knock offs got their original design.

BTS-W2268-05y.jpgBTS-W2268-H071609.jpgBTS-W2268-L071609.jpgBTS-WSoleUltraliteExtreme.jpg
It's a quality boot, and priced accordingly. Though, I won't regret that in the least when I'm stomping around in the TWS outfit.

Thank you again, TheNickFox

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't mention it. I just like testing my Google-fu. Hope you share your progress with the build as you move forward!

Can't wait to see how it goes.

-Nick

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back