What is the strongest fabric / leather glue ?

rchan202

I'm new to costume to making and trying to make a Black Adam 52 boot cover .. I need to glue vinyl fabric to leather can someone tell me what kind they have experience with being the best and where to get it I have tried leather cement didn't work too well. Thx in advance

What kind of vinyl is it? There's a kind with a woven backing and one with a fluffy polyester batting backing. The latter won't stick to anything permanently, the first is somewhat nonstick. Thistothat.com is really helpful, in this case you'll want to search plastic to leather.

I have had good luck with Loctite Go2 Glue. You can find it at WalMart and Target or online.

Loctite 1661510 1.75-Ounce Go 2 Glue Bottle - Amazon.com

It is slightly flexible and you can use it indoors with almost no odor. It will soak though fabric so it is best used on non-porous materials like leather and vinyl. It is still a good idea (as mentioned above) to use sandpaper to roughen the surface to get a better adhesion.

Hey thx everyone for the suggestions I was told superglue would work well the vinyl has a rough type backing on it.

Not superglue. Superglue is brittle, leather and vinyl both flex.

E6000 or Goop or Shoe Goo or a contact adhesive (I use the newer water based stuff)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back