Joker Patch

gjustis

So, I'm planning on putting an outfit together for next halloween, and I'm looking for the patch on this jacket:

Batman-SmallLeatherCrewJacket1.jpg

Any ideas?

Got any better pics or a discription from the auction?

I can't tell if it's embroidered..maybe it could be a cloth print with a green piping added around the edge?

~Russ

Batman-SmallLeatherCrewJacket2.jpg

It's not an auction....listed on Propstore's website (this is a crew jacket, styled to look like the film version)...

My guess it and what it looks like is the graphics are screen printed. In the movie, weren't there playing cards on the other shoulder? Can't quite remember for sure.

-B89. :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Beeb89 @ Feb 13 2007, 12:15 PM) [snapback]1418039[/snapback]</div>
My guess it and what it looks like is the graphics are screen printed.
[/b]

Close. It's a process called dye-sublimation.

I used to work for a company that made patches this way. Image is reverse-printed with special ink on a 4-color press, then placed face down on polyester and placed in a heated press. Under high heat, the ink goes from a solid to a gas (sublimation) and dyes the polyester (hence the name, dye-sublimation).

They're then cut out, heat sealed to a backing and the stitching is added to the edge.

You could probably do it at home with the iron-on inkjet transfers and then take it to an embroiderer to have the edge added.

Yup, there were playing cards on one arm, and the Joker patch was actually on the chest (rather than the arm as above).

Good call w/ the inkjet idea.....now, is anyone on here skilled enough w/, say, Photoshop, to take the above large image and turn it printable? :)

if you get the 1st series TOPPS card set, there is a nice clear image of that joker pic on one of the stickers...I'll try and find it to post

hey im pretty good woth phototshop
would you jsut want the image of the joker?
or the whole thing?

also would you want it colored or black and white.

also how big?

his head in relation to the maniquins thumb is about 2in so maybe the patch is lets say 3.5 to 4 in in diameter?

let me know

like i said, i can make it any size :p

i made it more square if you would like or (asymetrical) :p

let me know where you want me to send it to

This is as much as I have done with the pic - still a little rough:

JokerPatchrework.jpg

Some details need tweeking, and had to stretch out the head to match the positioning in the pic.
May look better if it was redone in Illustrator?

C.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back