X-Wing nose questions

PHArchivist

Master Member
I've postulated this before, and did not meet with blatent dissent, so this thread may ot be entirely necessary, but I've always felt the Maxi-Brute nose cone was just about the ONLY fully accurate version out there.

The first is Red 2, the second is the MB. The upper half of the rear edge of the MB was actually made more curved by me after cutting it off and cleaning it up Originally, it was more straight like the Red 2 nose.

The final pic is the original Captain Cardboard kit nose, and the FX toy nose.

Nose001.jpg

Nose002.jpg

Nose001_1.jpg

Nose003.jpg

I added a pic of the nose cone of the large scale Red 3 .

Funny -- it looks closest to the FX toy; closer to the toy tan to the MB or to Red 2.

Wonder if the toy company used the large Red 3 for reference since it was fairly accessible...

EDIT:

The more I study the toy nose cone and compare it to the large Red 3 nose cone, the more I'm convinced of a connection/lineage. Look at the bottom half of the back edge of the toy compared to large Red 3 -- virtually identical. But wasn't the toy said to be taken off the Icons...?

I thought the same thing when I was working on converting my fx toy a couple years ago. Just look at the butt plate over all shape and it is pretty near dead on. Following your progress makes me want to pull mine out of moth balls.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back