Gambit

Re: Channing Tatum wants to star in Gambit movie

No, I the writers/directors for making her a wimpy kid.
I blame the casting people for selecting Anna Paquin.
I blame Anna Paquin for being Anna Paquin.

I hate the way her accent changes in every film :angry

Channing Tatum should be in every single movie. He should just be standing there with no shirt on and not saying anything.

I merely posed a question.

Seriously, that's the only film I've ever seen him in.

I would suggest watching 21 Jump Street and Coach Carter. He's only got a small role in the latter, but he was great in it.

This is the dumbest casting choice since they decided to go with Michael Keaton for Batman.

I mean this guy?

mr%2Bmom.jpg

13623357-large.jpg

As BATMAN!?! What where they THINKING?!? Keaton should have stuck to comedies.

*end sarcasm*

Just to say it I'm not a huge fan of Tatum, but I'm not about to pass judgement before the movie is even "made." It "could" suck... or it could be a case like the one above. ;)

Just keeping some perspective. ;)

Kevin

My issue with Channing Tatum is that, so far, I haven't actually seen him really act as anything other than...Channing Tatum. I've seen him in three films: the two G.I. Joe films, and that White House Down film. And while he's perfectly entertaining, he's playing the same guy. And that guy....is not Gambit. I'm not saying that Gambit is some incredible character who can only be played by two people on the planet or whatever, but if you're gonna build a movie around him, the version of him that you see shouldn't be Channing Tatum being Channing Tatum.

Now, maybe he'd surprise me. Maybe he'd show good enough range to pull it off. Maybe they'd write the part in such a way as to make it work. But that's a lot of maybes stacked up against the guy on the page not matching AT ALL to the guy that Channing Tatum seems to play in films. I like him doing his schtick, and for other films I think he's perfectly fine, but not this one.

This casting is almost as bad as ben afleck playing batman in the uncommon ng batman v superman.

Wait until you see him in Foxcatcher.

My issue with Channing Tatum is that, so far, I haven't actually seen him really act as anything other than...Channing Tatum. I've seen him in three films: the two G.I. Joe films, and that White House Down film. And while he's perfectly entertaining, he's playing the same guy. And that guy....is not Gambit. I'm not saying that Gambit is some incredible character who can only be played by two people on the planet or whatever, but if you're gonna build a movie around him, the version of him that you see shouldn't be Channing Tatum being Channing Tatum.

Now, maybe he'd surprise me. Maybe he'd show good enough range to pull it off. Maybe they'd write the part in such a way as to make it work. But that's a lot of maybes stacked up against the guy on the page not matching AT ALL to the guy that Channing Tatum seems to play in films. I like him doing his schtick, and for other films I think he's perfectly fine, but not this one.

Guess this is the only Gambit thread, which has been quiet for some time lol. He wanted $150M, then rumored he left because of it. But now it IS official, Channing Tatum is Gambit, and can potentially be around fr a decade. So I'm guessing that Tatum is the new Jackman, popping up in every film release to bring in numbers. Story here:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/channing-tatum-closes-his-gambit-812514

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back