Helagak's Mark 17 "Heartbreaker" PEPEKURA FILES INCOMING!!!

Wow! You guys have given me a lot to think about. I'm pretty sure I understand the foam-to-paper conversion problems. Also, PepCowboy's files look great! I believe streetsoul pepped MrTropical's files. I'm subbed to streetsouls' thread, but he hasn't posted for a while.I considered purchasing the files, but I haven't made a definite decision yet. Also, as ironmaided and Kryro said, this'll be one of the hardest suits to pep. I do think I should pep mk42 as my first full suit and 'real' project. I've really only pepped a few props and such, but nothing this ambitious. On cardboard, isn't that basically foam building but without the (literal) flexibility of the foam? I just feel like I'd be more comfortable with cardstock, though I have considered foam. While I wait on this project and to build up my experience, would you recommend building a cardstock Silver Centurion, Helagak mk 42, or Jackieisrockin mk 42?

Wow! You guys have given me a lot to think about. I'm pretty sure I understand the foam-to-paper conversion problems. Also, PepCowboy's files look great! I believe streetsoul pepped MrTropical's files. I'm subbed to streetsouls' thread, but he hasn't posted for a while.I considered purchasing the files, but I haven't made a definite decision yet. Also, as ironmaided and Kryro said, this'll be one of the hardest suits to pep. I do think I should pep mk42 as my first full suit and 'real' project. I've really only pepped a few props and such, but nothing this ambitious. On cardboard, isn't that basically foam building but without the (literal) flexibility of the foam? I just feel like I'd be more comfortable with cardstock, though I have considered foam. While I wait on this project and to build up my experience, would you recommend building a cardstock Silver Centurion, Helagak mk 42, or Jackieisrockin mk 42?

Yeah he stopped posting because the suit got destroyed :( sad init

Anyway, would this be your first major build mate?
Because if it is, I would actually recommend a mark 6 or 7 first, just because of the fact, both the mark 42 and the 33 have incredibly hard/small details and walls and seams.

However

I would say the Mark 42 would be easier (over pepcowboys centurion) with cardstock, as PCB's 33 has SO MANY little pieces that will definitely F*@# you off, and they only HARD part of a 42 will be the abs, as that is basically all fiddly bits and probably the back. - Also if you make the 42, you can paint it with the New AoU colour scheme ready for the next film :)

So in short.... 42
I Cant comment on who's files are better as I havnt looked at helagaks paper ones, I have built Jackie's forearm and shin in the past and they were pretty simple to work wth :)

(sorry for an essay answer :( )

CAN'T wait !!!! Finish the knee neck and hand plate as fast as you can, ok ? Thanks for your surprise files!!:D

Yeah he stopped posting because the suit got destroyed :( sad init
Anyway, would this be your first major build mate?
Because if it is, I would actually recommend a mark 6 or 7 first, just because of the fact, both the mark 42 and the 33 have incredibly hard/small details and walls and seams.
However
I would say the Mark 42 would be easier (over pepcowboys centurion) with cardstock, as PCB's 33 has SO MANY little pieces that will definitely F*@# you off, and they only HARD part of a 42 will be the abs, as that is basically all fiddly bits and probably the back. - Also if you make the 42, you can paint it with the New AoU colour scheme ready for the next film :)
So in short.... 42
I Cant comment on who's files are better as I havnt looked at helagaks paper ones, I have built Jackie's forearm and shin in the past and they were pretty simple to work wth :)
(sorry for an essay answer :( )
Your answers are essays? My few posts could be compiled into a substantial book! :p How in the world did that beautiful suit get destroyed? He was moving on to resining (is that a word? the resin process? computer says no), correct? Really is a shame. Moving away from that, I was originally considering a mark 6 or 7, but then Iron Man 3 happened :lol With Age of Ultron coming, a 42 might be best. I (a male) almost screamed when I saw those behind the scenes pics :3 You can tell who my favorite Marvel character is. Jackie's files might be the way to go (sorry @Helagak) because of the card stock friendliness. I'll manage with @Helagak's bicep because that's the missing part. Thanks for all of your input!
It's a wee bit off topic, but I suggest everyone check out @Helagak's Star Lord helmet if they haven't already. I'll try to make a paper unfold for the launch of Guardians. Also, the build I wanted to do in the case that I became a suit building ninja like @ironmaided, mark 25, is shaping up very nicely. :thumbsup to both of you!

Back to back post, but I simply could not add more to that first post. It would be the Great Wall of Text. This is just an apology about all the @ (insert names here) in that post above. I just found that feature really nifty. I probably could have done one for the first mention of their names. Goodness, now I look like an interwebz noob.
Question: will that send an individual notification to Helagak for each link? or one for the single post?

Question: will that send an individual notification to Helagak for each link? or one for the single post?

I think it just sends one per post per thread. Prometheus7Fire, no worries if you choose to build jackies files, they are great. My files are strictly for foam (or cardboard) Thats how i build, so thats how i model. :cool

anyways, the neck is done and up on the first post! Just the boots to come soon. ;)
amyUvUA.png

Attachments

• amyUvUA.png
    amyUvUA.png
    166.2 KB · Views: 61
  • amyUvUA.png
    amyUvUA.png
    166.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who wants a paper pep file is more than welcome to rip the object file, import it into whatever modeling program you prefer and painstakingly merge thousands of vertices so that it can be converted to paper. I'm not going to do it. I don't get paid for any of this.

Your answers are essays? My few posts could be compiled into a substantial book! :p How in the world did that beautiful suit get destroyed? He was moving on to resining (is that a word? the resin process? computer says no), correct?

He got into a fight with his woman, and she destroyed it in a fit of rage! :eek: (true story)

Best of luck to you with your suit, make a build thread for it :)

Anyone who wants a paper pep file is more than welcome to rip the object file, import it into whatever modeling program you prefer and painstakingly merge thousands of vertices so that it can be converted to paper. I'm not going to do it. I don't get paid for any of this.

EXACTLY

He got into a fight with his woman, and she destroyed it in a fit of rage! :eek: (true story)

Best of luck to you with your suit, make a build thread for it :)
exactly , crazy women man :( but on a good note im rebuilding a mk 7 at the min and also going to be building either the centurion or gemini which are pep cowboys files

Be quick in unfolding the neck,hand plate,boot and knee please ok? It's really a perfect file!!!Can't wait!!!:lol

Be quick in unfolding the neck,hand plate,boot and knee please ok? It's really a perfect file!!!Can't wait!!!:lol

The Neck is like 4 comments above this one :s

and I think the knee is on the first post already, because somehow I have his knee file

The Neck is like 4 comments above this one :s

and I think the knee is on the first post already, because somehow I have his knee file
think i may have to give this a go when all the files are out hehe but the knees not in first post and i think hes modeling the boot now :) guna do a cardboard build with this one hehehe

Re: Helagak's Mark 17 "Heartbreaker" PEPEKURA FILES INCOMING!!!

Let's try not to let any ladies near this one, eh?
hahaha no this one is at my fathers house haha were im staying

- - - Updated - - -

All pieces are done being modeled and unfolded! I just finished the boot. Don't know why the knee isn't up yet. I'll update the first post later. But here is the boot. I hated modeling the boot and I'm not overly proud of it, but hey, it is what it is...
HELAGAK FOAM mk 17 boot V1.0 - Download - 4shared - bob fitz

And here is the knee until I get it up on the front page.
http://www.4shared.com/file/9tk4DsvGba/helagak_foam_mk_17_knee_v10.html
awsome thanks bob :)

No problem.
Now get to work! B-)

Now a question for everyone. My next project is gonna be a mark 5 suit since there are no files out there. I need reference materials. How should I go about begging for them? You think if I started a mark 5 thread, I could get pal to help with finding the files then later turn it into a build thread?
I got the ref materials for the mark 42 off Clint... Ummm I forget his name. But he's banned now. I can never seem to find great pics by myself. Google gives me low quality junk. Any ideas?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back