Helagak's Mark 17 "Heartbreaker" PEPEKURA FILES INCOMING!!!

Re: Helagak's Mark 17 "Heartbreaker" PEPEKURA FILES INCOMING!!!

Finally finally. God bless you helagaks.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally finally. God bless you helagaks.

I just added the Cod to the front page. Now the only thing missing is the thighs thru the boots. They are coming. But this should be enough to keep you Heatbreakers off my back for a minute! ;-)

ive been thinking of trying to use the foam and just add the flaps to see if it would work for paper but im not sure if it would.
I've built Helagak's mark 42 files by just attaching the bigger parts with glue. I'll just say that the gaps with parts not lining up drove me insane. Great files, just not for my card needs. His files also have those extra pieces. As a test run, you could try building the complete file with those pieces. To answer my own question earlier, I'm gonna try and "un-unfold" the current build and re unfold it by hand. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? That button that removes all the unfold data?

I've built Helagak's mark 42 files by just attaching the bigger parts with glue. I'll just say that the gaps with parts not lining up drove me insane. Great files, just not for my card needs. His files also have those extra pieces. As a test run, you could try building the complete file with those pieces. To answer my own question earlier, I'm gonna try and "un-unfold" the current build and re unfold it by hand. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? That button that removes all the unfold data?

that sounds like a pain in the butt. also if you do plan on doing that remember you cant save the unfold if you didnt buy the program. though if you do this just a word of advice. dont have any small pieces. try and make them attach to others and work with just folding. the last few helmets ive printed out have sooo many unnecessary things, like one of them is like a half inch stick that i have no clue what it goes to or why it is that small.

I can save my unfolds thanks to the interwebz. You've basically outlined my plan; rework the small pieces into bigger ones rather than have a thousand millimeter wide strips. If you want to see some really impressive pep work, check out any of streetsoul's stuff. Blows my mind every time. :lol

I can save my unfolds thanks to the interwebz. You've basically outlined my plan; rework the small pieces into bigger ones rather than have a thousand millimeter wide strips. If you want to see some really impressive pep work, check out any of streetsoul's stuff. Blows my mind every time. :lol

im working on some of his stuff but there is a bunch of small pieces still

I am no sort of pro modeler. I just started teaching myself blender about a year an a half ago. so my techniques are probably all wrong x_x I only build with foam. so I build my models with foam in mind. This tends to make paper conversions nye on impossible. :-/ The problem is, I model each peice of his armor as a seperate piece. so for example, on hearbreakers forearm, there is a sor of pattern where like 6 pieces come together. i model those 6 pieces seperate and throw it all into pepakura. it works great with foam because i dont care about flaps anyways and when the pieces are glued together, you naturally get those seem lines just like you want. however if you want to turn that into a paper pep, you need flaps to glue them together. but since each of those pieces are actually sepperate, peppakura designer will not join them, and will not add flaps between them.
For a paper pep, Im guessing it would be better to make a much lower poly, general shape model and let the builders etch those lines in later. I dont know. Ive had no teachers telling me the correct way to do any of this. just youtube blender tutorials, and natural intuition. :confused

I'm not arguing about your modelling skins, that are obviously insanely high since you can make such a detailed model :)

I'm just complaining because I'm not able to easily build a suite like some of you people can do XD

I guess I just need a lot of practice, because your model is one of the best I've ever seen.

Anyway, I'm tryin to build it with foam :)

Is there more than one way to connect the dots?
Off topic: This also. Two times today people have posted things that seem like they should be on a motivational poster of some sort.
Back to topic: I love your pep work. Your helmets are great and your suit is top notch! That's queued up on my to-do list. Middlefinger's files, right?
also... @Helagak ; Is there any way you could possibly join those shapes and have a decent quality model for paper pep? Your work has inspired a friend and me to take up modeling. Neither of us are very good though :lol I don't know much about the whole modelling system, but high poly models are what causes the really small pieces, right? Because they're more detailed? I'd much rather the smaller pieces than the not connected shapes (just as a suggestion on behalf paper people)

Last edited:
Off topic: This also. Two times today people have posted things that seem like they should be on a motivational poster of some sort.
Back to topic: I love your pep work. Your helmets are great and your suit is top notch! That's queued up on my to-do list. Middlefinger's files, right?
also... @Helagak ; Is there any way you could possibly join those shapes and have a decent quality model for paper pep? Your work has inspired a friend and me to take up modeling. Neither of us are very good though :lol I don't know much about the whole modelling system, but high poly models are what causes the really small pieces, right? Because they're more detailed? I'd much rather the smaller pieces than the not connected shapes (just as a suggestion on behalf paper people)

Yes and no. It's a huge pain because say you have two shapes next to each other, one has 6 rows of vertices going down the side, the other has 10. To join the two shapes, you have to merge all the verts. And you can't merge with verts that aren't there. So you end up having to add more verts to the shape with less. This is the a problem at first, but it gets exponential. As you keep adding pieces together you have to keep added more and more useless rows of verts. And then you have to make sacrifices adding tris in places you wouldn't want just to get seams to come together. It turns the whole part into a giant mess. :-/ maybe there is a better way to do it that I just haven't found yet. Honestly, it would be easier to model it for paper, the mod it to foam. I'll have to think on it...

Thanks man, The Body is MiddleFingers, the rest is PepCowboys, ill be making both of their full models :D
If youre set on a paper HB, streetsoul made a a full Heartbreaker paper build ill link the threadit may say where he got the paper files from - its called deleted because unfortuntly the model was destroyed.
http://www.therpf.com/f78/delete-thread-189771/

I would seriously consider not doing the HB in paper, as it is DEFINITLY one of the hardest to paper pep - but id recommend using helagaks with cardboard - if I had enough space in my house I would make this suit next out of card

but id recommend using helagaks with cardboard - if I had enough space in my house I would make this suit next out of card

i second this :thumbsup :) i think i mentioned this on helagak's mark 42 thread. . .if paper unfolds can't be done on these babies, why not to try cardboard. . .after all you'll gonna strengthen it the same way as you did on paper peps. . .

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back