dragon humanoid's 2014 Jan-Feb Sculpture Contest Entry

PauliusGls

Hi everyone i plan to sculpt a orc dragon hybrid.

I will be using a plasticine and wax mix.

I've been sculpting for about nine years but only recently started doing complete monster sculpts and this was a great way to give myself a deadline.

I would really like to hear some tips and tricks for more detailed work.

CIMG7464.JPG
this is the first phase of my sculpt the bulk of the body is done.Now it is going to be the refining stage.

CIMG7472.JPGCIMG7474.JPGCIMG7475.JPGCIMG7476.JPG
So this is todays progress the skin and the body is complete. Now i am going to make the accessories. The accessories are basically going to bee orcish scrap armor which was gathered from defeated enemies.

I wait any criticism because i want to improve my sculpting skills. Thanks :)

looks really nice! the only crit i have is his head position. any reason you have his head ****** back so much?

Nice sculpt with a lot of personality. If I can add my 2 cents, I would start to look at adding details such as some rivets holding pieces together. Cutting the heads off some larger pins and pushing them in works well. I would also get a sharp flat tool and add some crispness to the edges - maybe add some angles and planes to make it look like hand beaten metal or battle scars! Little things like that can get rid of the rounded clay look. You could also start to get more creases in the finger joints or texture to the horns. Get some reference for the little things and it can add a lot to the finish of a piece. Stick it in a fridge or freezer for a while and you can carve really crisp detail, maybe some wood texture to the shield- ok I'll stop now lol. Nothing bad to say about it at all, just think you can push it a bit further :)

Thanks for all the replies. I wish i could ad more detail to it and i was planing to do it some time soon but i got stacked with a ridiculous amount of school work and i might be able to do some final touching up at the last few days of the month. A thanks for all of the tips for adding more detail
:)

So i found some free time and gave him more details ant more items. Also i changed his face a bit i think he looks better now and i hope i wasn't to late with this. And now this is the final sculpt.
SAM_4763.JPGSAM_4766.JPGSAM_4754.JPGSAM_4761.JPGSAM_4756.JPGSAM_4767.JPGSAM_4768.JPG

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back